City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn drops the watered mug ofmeadhe had just been served, spilling it all overhis frumpy woollen shirt. Rushing over, he kneels beside the halfling.

"Oh my GOD! He's SHRUNK!" Galwynn grins nervously as he looks over at Cludge"Sorry. I'm a little drunk."

Galwynn pokes the halfling a few times, and then puts his head to the halfling's chest. "Well, he's still breathing. Sir? Sir?"

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist

Cludge looks sideways at Galwynn, raising an eyebrow.
Erm, have ye never seen a halfling, lad? He ain't shrunk, he's just a wee person. He pats Galwynn on the shoulder.
Maybe ya oughta do healin' on him. Can ye no cast one o' them spells?

Wik

First Post
Galwynn coughs and mumbles something under his breath, using a hand to steady himself. That watered-down mead hit him pretty hard. "I haven't... um.... That is to say.... I don't know how to heal, yet... I guess.... um.... the Goddesss.....doesn't trust me?"

Rathan

First Post
Rathan takes his leave from the table in what appears to be a bit of a rush..... his eyes roaming over the little figure as he watches him enter.. then collapse..... he scratchs his slightly stubbly chin softly as he wonders if he should just heal him... or check him first..... he moves to pull out a few bandages and unholsters his waterskin just in case... it was about time his services were put to work.....

" I need everyone to stay back... he needs breathing room..." the cleric utters as he moves the halfling body carefully to check for wounds..... and if found he will remove what clothing he has to to banage him correctly...

Heal check on the halfling (1d20+5=20)

If he doesn't regain his wits after a little time the cleric would then lean over the small figure and speak a divine prayer over him placing his holy symboy of Hyrag on the little figures forhead and would cast Cure Light Wounds on him..." come on little guy... open those eyes.."

CLW's roll if needed on the halfling... (1d8+1=8)

Last edited:

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Troi Delmontes sits in a distant corner of the inn, watching the others converse and engage each other in their various games.

When the halfling enters and falls, he perks up for a moment, though he settles back down when it is clear that someone will tend to him shortly.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
[sblock=Arm Wrestling Rules]I've done some internet searching for arm wrestling rules. I don't like just "Both roll 1d20+STR mod and see who wins", because it's to easy for luck to just win out. My favorite that I've found (actually, the only that I've found that I like) is the "In a Row" opposed check rule. The idea is that in an opposed check (like this arm wrestling contest, which is STR vs. STR) you assign it a variable N, which is the number of consecutive victorious results either opponent needs to defeat the other completely. This determines how much the contest is based on luck and how much is based on just core stats. The higher N is, the less luck is involved. But there's always luck involved. I like this rule especially because it allows for turning of the tide in a single contest, and adds some suspense to the outcome.

I think for an arm wrestling contest N should be 3, so one opponent must make three successful opposed STR checks in a row to be considered victorious.

In a marathon, N might be 5, and in a dart throwing contest, N might be 2 or even 1.

I say all this without looking at Cludge's strength. I'd like to be surprised by the outcome.

I'm also open to having some "banter bonuses", sort of like The Secret of Monkey Island (tm), when Guybrush duels the pirates and they trade insults. Maybe a successful charisma check gives a +2 bonus to one roll, and the right to say something witty and scathing.

I go into such detail because we may be in here for a while. =D Let's just have fun and Game on![/sblock]
(OOC: You're really not going to like this, then, but the SRD has a specific answer on arm-wrestling rules--the person with the higher Strength always wins, no roll ;))

Phoenix8008

First Post
Saithnar's eye's wander around the room focusing on one person after another. Only after noticing that everyone else is staring at the goings-on by the entrance does he think to look and see what is happening there. Spotting the halfling on the ground being tended to by his friend Rathan, Saithnar removes his pipe from his mouth long enough to mutter "Hmmm..." before replacing it for another puff. Before long, the spectacle at the door is forgotten and he again stares around the room from face to face.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
[sblock=Gnome Works OOC] heh... sorry to bug you my old friend but.. I noticed you still had a link to YB in your sig... check out the YB! A New Beginning! link in my sig please.. I'm trying to get more intrest in reviving it once again... I hope to see you there :)[/sblock]

rln

Explorer
Ogrin saunters in to the Red Dragon, armor polished and gleaming. Seeing Joe, he grins and says "Honey, I'm home!"

Quickly jumping up on a nearby table, the agile halfling announces himself as "Ogrin, at your service" and bows to his audience. He spots friends like Troi and Razh and heads over, setting up a betting ring with some local well-fed merchants when he notices Razh is going arm-wrestle.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian

Rasereit looks up from the table to stare at the collapsing newcomer. He looks more annoyed than concerned, but he waits patiently for Cludge to sit back down, drinking his alcohol.

When Ogrin enters, Razh stands up and waves. "Ogrin, mate! Over here! Good t'see ye, ye look good, freshened up like. Business thing all taken care of? Ah've got some money for ye." He reaches into his pack and pulls out a small sack of money, which he then hands to the halfling.

OOC: Grand total earnings per person was
gp. I don't know exactly how much Ogrin walked away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads