• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

B4cchus

Explorer
Talbin jmps down froma barstool and starts for the exit. "I'm off for some shopping" He mentions to nobody in particular "Keep a stool free, i'll be right back!" And with that he leaves the inn.

Someone

Adventurer
Joe suddendly remembers something and calls Nodis from the counter. The barman hands the young man a letter that stood there for a couple weeks.

Nodis reads it a couple times and crumples the paper, as if he was going to throw it. He then straightens it once more and reads the letter once more, grimacing.

"I gotta go", says and leaves the Inn.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit looks strangely at the sudden, unexplained exodus of two people. He shakes his head and turns back to Ogrin. "Look," the dwarf says quietly, "Ye know 'ow much Ah hate ships an' the sea, but Ah'm not much fer patience either. If yer ship's makin' sail somewhere north soon, Ah'm itchin' fer some action. Mayhaps we kin set sail fer a northern port an' make way fer the Mountains? Ah told that young Pendrake lad that Ah'd take 'im with me, but Ah don't even know what the north is like anymore. Could be a dangerous place, and this great evil's got me thinkin' that maybe 'taint just the Vundinn caverns what were taken over, ye know?" Even quieter, Razh proposes to his halfling friend, "What say ye to a scoutin' expedition, jus' you and me, t'the Northern Mountains? Eh, are ye with me mate?"

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"I grew accustomed to it," says Keldar shortly. "It was wet and often cold. I had a great deal of work to do, since I was the only one with legs."
Rapture chuckles, "Of course, there are plenty of legless cities on the coast aren't there? I'd love to meet the people, and see how they get around normally. Without you to help them anymore."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oh, there must be a few, but they would be difficult to find," Keldar replies. "I imagine the people had to find a new way to live when I left. I used to sit on the rocks and watch them. They glistened in the sun. I could not keep up with them. But of course, only I could reach the roadway."

Wik

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]

As for helping out, I'd love the help. I'll probably be running 4 or 5 of the 6 primary games myself, but if you'd like to run a game that supports this mega-event, please give me your e-mail address or drop me a line at my gmail (which is just my username here, but all one word) and I'll send you the RotLW FAQ)[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]I could probably do one, too - preferably a 3rd-level one, or something close. I'll be running my own by then, but I think I could run two (well, three, if you count my LEB game... but who needs sleep?)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A few minutes after the latest departure a tall human walks in, his fair white skin marking him as a northerner. his 6'6" height puts him above almost any standing in Joe's bar.

He waves at Joe, smiles and says, "mijn naam is Pendrake Utherman," Starting to take a step, he pauses and says in a very thick accent, "Pendrake Utherman my name is"

He then casts his gaze about looking for a tosseling of unkempt red hair, his sea green eyes noteing all there...suddenly he sees his quarry and makes straitway for the table of Rasereit.

"Ha! Rasereit uf Vuundin Klaan! Ist goot to see you mein frend!"

He sits himself down with an audible thud, an obvious look of being troubled in his eyes. he orders 2 pints of dwarven ale then changes it to 3. when they arrive he places one in front of Rasereit, downs one quickly and takes the third in hand, his head slowly and sadly shaking

"not all battle ist glory und honor."

Wik

First Post
Galwyn gets up and takes a seat near Pendrake. "Probably the wisest words I've heard all day, that's for sure." He shoots a glare at the dwarf.

"Halina only took up her blade when absolutely necessary. As much of a pest as she is, with her 'meddling', I think there's a lot of wisdom there."

"All that being said, I suppose there is a necessity in wielding the blade. I had a friend who once told me that there was no shame in using the sword; the shame was if you enjoyed using it."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
When Pendrake greets him, Rasereit claps the northerner on the back heartily and drinks heavily to his health. Rasereit isn't too great at perceiving emotions, but Pendrake is obviously down in the dumps. The dwarf leans away from Ogrin for a moment and awkwardly pats the tall man on the back. "Eh, righ' mate, can't win 'em all. But ah... sometimes, ye know, people kinda back ye into a corner, o' sorts, an' there isn't much ye kin do but fight. Ah've been there, Ah think."

Rasereit cocks an eyebrow at Galwynn. "Ye don' take joy in slayin' evil? Ah thought tha's what pallies did best. Huh. Ye're a strange 'un."

The dwarf looks around, unsure of how to cheer up Pendrake. He says, "Eh, right... So! Ye want t'tell us about yer first adventure? Or if ye'd rather keep quiet, Ah get it. Maybe ye'd like t'hear one o' the tales me father told me, of a glorious battle against truly evil creatures under the Mountains?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads