City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouvere

Explorer
"We can try to extract him when we go back," says Keldar. "Take him into Grenton, get him drunk and find someone for him to dance with."

Wik

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Mearran shrugs. All goblins, without mercy? Interesting. I'll come along. The cat jumps down and the dog lumbers up. Togeather they head out following his newest compainions.

OOC: Glad to see you in. Thread continues in The Search for Tomas Quinn. Hopefully, someone there can give you a "Story so far..."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn smiles. "I want to get him in Grenton in any case; I think there's a lot of good he could do for that community. I think that's going to be my main course of action for the next few weeks. And now that I've got some money, I think a public work or two would be just the thing.

...all in the name of Halina, of course."
Galwynn says, looking up at the ceiling once more.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Tired, Rapture?" asks Keldar, giving her a nudge.

"Well, Magister Rilithorne. If ever you have need of our services in future, don't hesitate to send a message to Joe here, or to Thyrin, if we're to be based in Grenton. With Tarag's pretty face, Galwynn's brains, Tommy's muscle, Rapture's willingness to do whatever it takes, and my deep piety, we're practically the perfect adventuring party. Not just delivering letters, I hope! If there are lost tomes or artefacts that you've always wanted to get your hands on gathering dust in forgotten tombs, just speak up! Of course, we'd prefer to go out into the world to do good, to protect the weak and innocent, first and foremost."

Boddynock

First Post
Having given Tommy plenty of time to chat with his idol, Tarag now speaks up.

"Just ignore him," with a nod to Keldar, "Master Rilithorne. He took a blow to the head, and he hasn't been quite right since. Come to think of it, he wasn't quite right before."

"He is right about one thing, though - if you need our services again, feel free to call on us."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
covaithe said:
"As for Thyrin... does he, er, get out of his tower much? It seems like the only company he gets are creatures from other planes. I thought about offering to stay for a while as his assistant, but I've had enough of studying for a while. I've learned more about the Art in these last few months in Orussus than in the last two years at the Academy."
"You see, that's precisely what I'm saying! They keep you cooped up in those towers, reading books, doing experiments, all in your prime when you should be out in the real world, experiencing magic. That's how I learned the Art, anyway. Joe and I, when we were your age, we were quite the adventurers ourselves..." Joe and Rilithorne exchange glances. "A bard once wrote a song about us after we slay a hydra... I can't remember the verses, but the chorus went,

"Seven, six, and five flew off,
Four and three came after.
Two and one were fast undone;
The four restored our laughter!"

Joe is humming along at the bar, he has a grin on his face. Rilithorne's own smile has a hint of sadness to it. "I did love the bard's songs... Ah, but those days are over, and I'm an old man who needs to hire young people like yourselves to do his dirty work. I'll certainly be sure to look you up first if I have need of your abilities in the future." Rilithorne's meal is about finished now.

Trouvere

Explorer
"He was the one who hit me," Keldar informs Rilithorne. "In the back of the head as I was walking up some stairs. A dirty underhanded sneak attack."

"Also, I'm noticing a pattern," says Keldar. "I put forward a proposition, then I'm told to shut up by someone who goes on to say exactly what I said. I can't think what it could mean."

Wik

First Post
Galwynn chuckles. "Don't listen to him. He generally puts forward a stupid motion, and then someone else cuts in and says something generally more intelligent and useful".

He gives Keldar a "Friendly" push on the shoulder. "so, 'Galwynn's brains', eh? Funny."

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
"Bard song?" asks Keldar, sitting up straight. "Funny you should mention that. Oh, I've written any number of songs. They don't always get a good reception, though. I tend to favour the more esoteric forms. For example, while we were walking back from Grenton today - my friends may have noticed I was uncommonly quiet - I was putting the finishing touches to an account of our little adventure cast in the extended alliterative verse form favoured by the Giants in their recitals which, of course, may go on for days at a time."

Keldar gives Galwynn a sidelong look. "Ahem!" He clears his throat and begins.

Harken, o heroes, to a heartfelt recital,
Sitting in silence for the story I'll tell:
A tale full true of the tower of Thyrin.
Servants of stone summoned to thralldom
Resenting their ruler in revolt had risen.
Fierce flames soon followed, in fury blazing.
Worried, the wizard went into hiding,
Seeking sure safety, a struggle eschewing.
Aid he expected: his associate awaiting
A letter long-promised, now late, undelivered.
The call came for Keldar, clever and daring
Returned to Orussus since roaming abroad.
"Fear not!" he affirmed, "Not unfleet is my foot;
Tomorrow my talent shall be turned to this task.
But who here is worthy to wander beside me?"
Swift then spake Rapture, her sweet lips pouting,
"My heart beats harder when hearing your words:
Do not desert me, who my destiny are!
Sweet shall my service be, to your satisfaction.
"
If wrong is my recall, then set right the record!
"Tell me then truly," spake tender-aged Tommy,
If mayhap my magic will be meet for this task?"
"Descended at distance from dragons of silver,
"My sorcerous skills are second to none -
"Or when they wake will be," said Keldar wisely.
"Wizard, be welcome, if you're not wandless."
And Galwynn spake, grumbling. "I go to Grenton,
"Blah blah blah, blah blah, blah blah blah blah blah."
Midwifing a mother for mighty Halina?
Or trudging with turnips to trade in that town?
But Keldar his eyes could keep not from closing.
The reasons of Galwynn received no reflection.
Starting from sleep, the swift one suggested,
"Farmer, feel free to follow our footsteps.
But try not to tax me with tiresome talking
If safety you seek by sojourning with us."
If marred is my memory, then my mistakes mention!
"Now is our need for a nursemaid or healer,
A cleric who can bring cures for our hurts.
Where shall we go in this world to get one?"
Spake then Samina, "I simply can't see."
Keldar quick calmed the cries of the crowd,
The count of Keldarites at four completed -
And a farmer, forgotten, whose furious frowning,
Promised no pleasure in his presence behind.
In the mists of morning, the heroes made ready,
Departing the Dragon for danger and strife,
Striding to southwest, at speed swift as horses,
Keldar the cunning, and his companions:
Spirits were strengthened by his sweet singing-​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases