• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Class Acts: Warlocks -- Crimson Knights of Bael Turath

Mentat55

First Post
Class Acts: Warlocks -- Crimson Knights of Bael Turath

I hadn't seen any posts about this newest Class Acts article. I enjoyed the little bit of fluff about how Asmodeus forced the other eight Lords of Hell to reveal magical secrets to the tieflings of Bael Turath.

The best part, however, is all the support provided for an infernal warlock that uses Charisma, i.e., what tieflings were really meant to be. Granted, the at-will gift of Avernus isn't nearly as awesome as hellish rebuke, but the encounter powers look interesting, and the idea of inflicting damage on oneself to ameliorate a miss definitely has something going for it (though I think we saw something like this in another recent warlock article). The powers themselves aren't thrilling, but they at least form a foundation. I do like dire portents of Malbolge and web of lies.

It would be nice to have a few Cha-based infernal warlock daily powers, however.

Klaus

First Post
And there we have it: tieflings now make viable infernal warlocks, with lots of Charisma-based spells.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
I love the new armor too.
In fact its so good, the party warlock is going to get a chance to get a suit this weekend, if she makes a small side agreement with a representative from the lower realms. Everything has its price after all.

renau1g

First Post
The one thing I really dislike though is the at-will is essentially Eldritch Blast without being an RBA, but having the ability to hurt yourself for a re-roll. You can take Eldritch Strike instead, but I wish it targeted something besides Ref...

interwyrm

First Post
I love the new armor too.
In fact its so good, the party warlock is going to get a chance to get a suit this weekend, if she makes a small side agreement with a representative from the lower realms. Everything has its price after all.

It's exceedingly good for my favorite as well... the warlock|swordmage hybrid.

Remove ads