D&D General Class vs Identity

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
I mainly multiclass as I'm trying to replicate a class identity and mechanics which isn't present in 5e. Though I understand the resistance to it as the 5e multiclassing system is just downright awful. Your method of swapping out class features to duplicate the multiclassing without damaging character balance seems so much better. Pathfinder 2e also has a great multiclass system, which doesn't interrupt class progression.

I've been running an eldritch knight/wizard/forge cleric build which isn't particularly effective, but I'm trying to replicate an elemental swordmage. Need the levels in wizard to get up to half caster status. But also need to grab spells like searing smite from elsewhere as the wizard/EK list lacks spells which merge with melee combat.

The result is a class which barely has the scraped together abilities and flavour which I want. But is also a MAD mess. If there was a single class equivalent, I'd take it in a heartbeat.
This is why I've taken to homebrewing my own characters; the PHB classes have the ideas I want to mix too siloed from each other, and give me too much cruft I don't want. I'm just glad for GMBinder and Homebrewery which make my ideas look official rather than a bunch of email ramblings. :)

Remove ads