• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Classic Traveller is FREE on Drive Thru RPG

Its interesting that at no point does this ever state when ammunition is actually used.

It makes sense when you connect the dots looking at how the guns fire (if it fires 4 bullets a shot, you obviously would deduct that from your total), but thats such an odd thing to just leave in the air.

aramis erak

Legend
Its interesting that at no point does this ever state when ammunition is actually used.

It makes sense when you connect the dots looking at how the guns fire (if it fires 4 bullets a shot, you obviously would deduct that from your total), but thats such an odd thing to just leave in the air.
Marc tends towards laconic; something so obvious isn't something he would have felt compelled to include.
It's not the only such item, either.

Marc tends towards laconic; something so obvious isn't something he would have felt compelled to include.
It's not the only such item, either.

Only reason I even had cause to notice was because I was curious as to whether or not anything interesting was done in regards to how ammo was consumed.

The answer was of course, no lol.

aramis erak

Legend
Only reason I even had cause to notice was because I was curious as to whether or not anything interesting was done in regards to how ammo was consumed.

The answer was of course, no lol.
Some of the more interesting omissions:
  • There are no land/air/water travel rules¹
  • there are no land/air/water vehicle creation rules²
  • there are no land/air/water vehicle combat rules².
  • Trader is not defined, yet is vital to the economics of trade, and the term trader is used in a limit on number of searches for goods in a week in a single port. Many argue trader = ship, others argue trader = person taking the week to do just that, others still treat it as person putting money forward.³

¹: DA2 ATBF/MOM and DA4 M/MA give overland travel hexcrawls, and thus serve as a source of rules for overland travel
²: Striker does provide land and air vehicle rules... Vague workaround special cases exist for the ATV (DA2 ATBF/MOM) and a particular boat (A9 NotWO)
³: It's even been a flame-war subject on the COTI Boards, as well as the (now defunct) TML & XBML. I fall on the "spend the time" camp. Of late, I decided it's 2d6 shifts, max 2 per day.... Suitable skills of course reducing the time roll.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads