• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cleric Domain of Night

Fhalyassa

First Post
Is there a cleric domain of night? I think the Night Domain might be from a Dragon Magazine. If there is a cleric domain of Night then what is it like?

Arkhandus

First Post
There was an official Darkness domain (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/divine/domains.htm#darknessDomain) but not sure about Night.

Nope, no printed "Night" domain for 3.x D&D as far as I could tell. Just Darkness in the FRCS and Deities & Demigods (the latter of which got its crunch added to the SRD after a while).

There's a Dragon Magazine issue from around 2004 with darkness as a theme, and an article on Erebor, a god of darkness and shadows, but no Night domain; Erebor just had the Darkness domain. That issue had stuff like darkness pseudo-elementals (or was it shadow pseudo-elementals? whatever), dark ones, some spells using the Plane of Shadow, and a bit else related to the theme.

Exception: That realmshelp page Dandu linked to apparently has a Night domain, but I have no idea what the original source was. And realmshelp is just a pile of stolen non-OGC rules material from various books, without sourcing or permission as far as I can tell, so that site's more or less the same as pirated material. Which I hate with a passion.

Last edited:

There is a moon domain in the PGF but it, unfortunately, isn't very night themed. It deals mostly with lycanthropes.

Is it possible to ask your DM to make a Night Domain that's basically "anti-Sun domain"? Command undead instead of dusting them; darknessed themed spells instead of sunlight.

Fhalyassa

First Post
Nope, no printed "Night" domain for 3.x D&D as far as I could tell. Just Darkness in the FRCS and Deities & Demigods (the latter of which got its crunch added to the SRD after a while).

There's a Dragon Magazine issue from around 2004 with darkness as a theme, and an article on Erebor, a god of darkness and shadows, but no Night domain; Erebor just had the Darkness domain. That issue had stuff like darkness pseudo-elementals (or was it shadow pseudo-elementals? whatever), dark ones, some spells using the Plane of Shadow, and a bit else related to the theme.

Exception: That realmshelp page Dandu linked to apparently has a Night domain, but I have no idea what the original source was. And realmshelp is just a pile of stolen non-OGC rules material from various books, without sourcing or permission as far as I can tell, so that site's more or less the same as pirated material. Which I hate with a passion.
Some one on Giant in the Playground mentioned that there was a Night Domain is why I was asking. I was looking for the Night Domain to help in making my version of Erebus who is the demon lord of the night, darkness, and shadows.

I thought the realmshelp might have stolen it materials.

Erebus from Dragon Magazine #322 has Darkness, Evil, and Trickery as his domains. Is there any update of Darkness Pseudo-Elemental from that magazine?

Last edited:

silvermane

Explorer
There is no Night domain in any official D&D material, including Dragon. This looks like some homebrewed stuff, or possibly it is pulled from some obscure third party supplement.

And realmshelp is just a pile of stolen non-OGC rules material from various books, without sourcing or permission as far as I can tell

Run and tell WotC, quickly! Oh wait, they probably already know about that site. Could not care less, apparently.

Remove ads