• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Cleric/Rogue Synergy Feat Design

xiphumor

Legend
My wife wants to play a trickery Cleric with levels of Rogue, and I’m wondering if I could design a synergy feat tree to make this more viable. Can people help me come up with ideas for the tree? It seems as though sneak attack damage should be applied to cleric spells at some point, and maybe sneak attack can be dealt in radiant damage. Any other thoughts?

mrianmerry

Villager
Cleric/Rogue multiclassing had a great prestige class for it back in 3.5e; the Shadowbane Stalker. This, combined with the Sacred Outlaw feat* gave players a fantastic base.

I'd suggest looking into how you can allow sneak attack progression, similar to things like Accomplished Sneak Attacker from Pathfinder 1e, or, as you've already highlighted, allow the Cleric features to trigger Sneak Attack, and probably enable something like a deity's favoured weapon to trigger SA as well.

and maybe sneak attack can be dealt in radiant damage.
I would absolutely make this an idea, this is fantastic - at least some dice of it, probably limited by the highest Cleric spell level?
So if you have 3rd level Cleric spells available, you can deal Radiant with up to 3 of your sneak attack dice... although that might well be a bit complicated.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I have an O5E Rogue/Cleric feat called "Inquisitor" in my Multiclass Feats product on DTRPG. Though some of those feats have been obsoleted by Level Up's new systems, that one (called Inquisitor) should work just fine.

As far as building out from that baseline? Perhaps making radiant or necrotic spells more effective when used from stealth, give bonuses to detection of counterfeit religious texts and cultists, perhaps give a discount on buying the hidden feature for a temple stronghold, etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads