• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clerical based golems

Corbert

Explorer
All golem types I've been able to find can only be created by arcane spellcasters. The problem is, I have a cleric in my game that wants to make golems to protect his temple. Can anyone help?

Crothian

First Post
Clay golem

A clay golem’s body must be sculpted from a single block of clay weighing at least 1,000 pounds, treated with rare oils and powders worth 1,500 gp. Creating the body requires a DC 15 Craft (sculpting) check or a DC 15 Craft (pottery) check.

CL 11th; Craft Construct, animate objects, commune, resurrection, caster must be at least 11th level; Price 40,000 gp; Cost 21,500 gp + 1,540 XP.

those seem to be clerical spells to me

Herobizkit

Adventurer
You might also check out some old Ravenloft monster manuals... there were some cool golmes in there like the Scarecrow and the Glass Golem (which lived in church windows).

Starglim

Explorer
From 1st Edition (not to mention actual legend), clay golems were made by clerics. A cleric with the Protection or Magic domain should be able to make a stone golem without problems also.

Corbert

Explorer
Starglim said:
From 1st Edition (not to mention actual legend), clay golems were made by clerics. A cleric with the Protection or Magic domain should be able to make a stone golem without problems also.

Yeah, but I'm looking for the spells a cleric would need to make golems. Like this:

Crothian said:
Clay golem

A clay golem’s body must be sculpted from a single block of clay weighing at least 1,000 pounds, treated with rare oils and powders worth 1,500 gp. Creating the body requires a DC 15 Craft (sculpting) check or a DC 15 Craft (pottery) check.

CL 11th; Craft Construct, animate objects, commune, resurrection, caster must be at least 11th level; Price 40,000 gp; Cost 21,500 gp + 1,540 XP.

those seem to be clerical spells to me

That's the kind of help I'm looking for :) . I showed it to my cleric player and he was delighted :cool: . Thanks.

The Stained Glass Golem also appears now in Monster Manual II.

I think the idea of created servants to guard temples is a cool one. I'd even allow other variants that arcane casters don't have. Golems that can heal adherents of the faith, golems that can carry a hallow or unhallow inside them, or a golem that breathes holy fire (half divine, half fire damage). Just to name a few ideas.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads