Clerics & Dwarven Waraxe

nittanytbone

First Post
Is there a dwarven god (FR setting) that favors the Dwarven Waraxe?

I thought that was Clangeddin, but apparently he is a Battleaxe guy.

I'm interested as I'm putting together a cleric with the war domain.

Thanks!

beaver

First Post
no, there is not... i have been searching for one far and wide, and oddly enough, there is none. they all favor hammers, swords... weird.

Caliban

Rules Monkey
Not in the FR setting as far as I'm aware.

There is a Greyhawk deity that does: Gendwar Argrim, Lawful Neutral dwarven hero-god of fatalism and lost causes (and killing orcs). His domains are law and war, with the waraxe as his favored weapon. He became a deity after being the sole surviver after his clan was attacked by orcs, and then dedicated his life to eradicating the orc race, even though he new it was a lost cause.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, since 3Ed and 3.5Ed D&D Clerics no longer need to be associated with a god, but may instead embrace an ideology, I see no reason why you couldn't define the priest as being devoted to something like "The Divine ARt of War" or something similarly martial, take War as a domain, and simply take Dwarven Waraxe as the weapon.

Endur

First Post
Depending on your GM, the GM might allow you to use any "Axe" dwarven deity as granting Dwarven Waraxe (i.e. Clangeddin, etc.).

The issue comes down to the fact that dwarven waraxe as a weapon did not exist before D&D 3.0. And all of the Gods existed before D&D 3.0, so when they updated the Gods they forgot to modify the weapons on the Gods.

Gendwar Argim (a greyhawk deity) only has the Dwarven Waraxe because he is a post 3.0 stat deity. He never had a weapon associated with him before.

Remove ads