Pathfinder 1E Cliffs' Notes Pathfinder

Nytmare

David Jose
I am in the process of retrofitting an E6 campaign that became a 4th Ed game into a Pathfinder game.

At the moment however, I'm going to be trapped for a couple of weeks with only 3.5 stuff at my disposal.

As I am perusing the forums, can anyone give me a rough idea of what kinds of differences I should be expecting between where I left off with 3.5 and where Pathfinder has ended up? I want to get a jump on things and need to figure out where some additional campaign specific mechanics are going to get plugged back in to the machine.

RigaMortus2

First Post
One of the big differences between 3.5 and Pathfinder is how they consolidated grapples, bull rushes, disarms, etc into one type of check called Combat Maneuver Bonus (CMB) which opposes the Combat Maneuver Defense (CMD).

There is a small equation in the PHB on how to come up with these numbers, but once you have them calculated, thats what you use for all those types of maneuvers (plus an circumstance mods or feats that might enhance it).

A lot cleaner and easier to remember than 3.5.

Also, Cleric Turning is a lot different (and better IMO). Now Clerics (and some other classes) get a "channel divity" power that can allow them to do a lot of different things. Heal allies, damage undead, and so forth.

Those are the two biggest things I noticed when switching to Pathfinder.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Fighter get a feat every level, and other bonuses every other level.

wizards and sorcerers got a good refitting as well.

Remove ads