Cloak of Minor Displacement & friendly spellcasting

Vegepygmy

First Post
Wolfwood2 said:
The fact that no attack roll is required when delivering a beneficial touch spell implies to me a certain degree of cooperation on the part of the touchee. That is to say, it's not the cleric thrusting his hand foward while the paladin completely ignores him. It's the paladin jumping back a bit (within his five foot square) and shoving his shoulder into the cleric's outstretched hand.
Exactly.

kjenks

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
On a side note, @Deset Gled, does healing magic not auto-stabilise? I'm not getting much on a quick search of the SRD, but I do see

Magical healing does indeed stabilize a dying character, but if the displaced character is dying, he's not very cooperative about receiving that touch spell from a friendly spellcaster, so I'd probably apply the miss chance in that case.

Rystil Arden

First Post
kjenks said:
Magical healing does indeed stabilize a dying character, but if the displaced character is dying, he's not very cooperative about receiving that touch spell from a friendly spellcaster, so I'd probably apply the miss chance in that case.
Well, that's quite sensible, but that's not what Deset Gled was talking about.

The post in reference says that the character who dies from losing a heal to their own displacement joins the list of people who die due to expecting a lenient houserule along with the character who dies because they think Cure Minor Wounds will stabilise them. I play with CmW stabilising, and I was pretty certain that it's the RAW.

Remove ads