• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clubhouse: The Shearing Pen

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

Thanks for all the kind words. We have a great group and I think that I can speak for both PJSlavner and myself to say that we are having a blast trading posts with you guys. I'm also learning a ton of stuff that should help me in the tabletop version of the game.

PJSlavner

Explorer
Gansk said:
Thanks for all the kind words. We have a great group and I think that I can speak for both PJSlavner and myself to say that we are having a blast trading posts with you guys. I'm also learning a ton of stuff that should help me in the tabletop version of the game.

OOC

That bodes ill for me, as I am about to go back into the Gansk-run Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil in a few days. I sure hope I learned more than Gansk did.

I am having a blast running this, and I am very happy that others are, too.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Dragonlings seem to be dominating the fights - 3 dragons have won 7, 3 ,and 5 battles for CG
This seems to be due to breath weapon, speed and flight. I dont think they are particulllarly over powered cause adventuring parties mostly have missle weapons. A normal group would get at least 6 shots for each breath attack by the dragon.

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

Sandstorm clarifies the summon mephit ability to a duration of 3 rounds, even though the summoned mephits can't use their summoning ability for 1 hour (dumb). We'll use this rule from now on, which means that the fire mephit's buddy should disappear in the Celestial arena.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: Is that only for mephits or for all outsider summoning abilities? It seems like it's basing the duration more on caster level (which defaults to HD level unless otherwise specified), similar to the summon monster spells (which leads back to the discussion on how long it takes to summon another creature). Of course, mephits usually have a CL of 6 or so (higher than their HD) for their spell-like abilities. Hmm...

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

It specifically says that the summon mephit ability is like a 2nd level spell, so I assume they are assigning the minimum caster level to use the ability. I haven't seen anything that applies a duration to the other outsider summoning abilities.

Gansk

Explorer
Ooc

Regarding the discussion about a draw with summoned monsters, I will rephrase the rule to state that a draw occurs when neither main opponent is damaged in five rounds. Intelligent monsters have the right to ignore summoned monsters at their own risk.

So if a summoned or charmed monster damages a main opponent, the round count for a draw is reset to zero. If a main opponent damages a summoned or charmed monster, the round count for a draw is unaffected.

ugulu

First Post
That makes sense. It would hopefully prevent the case where two crazy summoners have a 100 round bout, but the only thing being damaged are the summonees. Gives incentive to go after the caster, though without taking away from the added threat the summoned creature(s) provide.
[Needless to say I'm quite enjoying summoned creatures right now, as my devil bees are having a slay-fest.] :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads