• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Clutches of Evil - IC: Chapter One

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

magic_gathering2001 said:
Pwent is staring mesmerised at the Beggar's stuf, when Bahruul speaks to him, he says, "Now how did a beggear get these. He must have left in a hurry to leave them behind." and with that he takes the gemstones out of the cup and shows them off. "What do we do with em?"

The young Bous' eyes widen slightly at the sight of gemstones, then he quirks a smile.

"Well, we were looking for funds, were we not? Selling these might cover some of our basics, for the moment. Perhaps we should consider these a repayment for offensive comments?"

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Bous Barbarian

"Hmmm I trust those stones not" the towering Bous growls when he sees the stones "to leave such a treasure he must have truly been insane, or we are being setup" Bahruul suggests.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Great Bend folks:

Destiny looks to Barhuul as he speaks and raises an eyebrow. "Huh, never thought about it like that. You really think someone would set us up?"

Gav:

As you duck into the alley, you can still hear the priestess shouting about the little brat that tried to woo her over with his childlike charm and then rob her blind. "Fortunately," the priestess exhales in exasperation, "I felt the little guy's fingers slipping around this platinum ring!"

As you stay hidden in the alley for a few moments, you can hear the guard explaining to her that if nothing was actually stolen, then they couldn't do anything to the boy. It seems like a loophole in the rules, but the guards kept reinforcing that technically since there was no harm - only attempted harm - there is no foul either. As the guards calm the woman down, the crowd begins to move along. Some heading into the city further and some returning home with their purchases.

D20Dazza

Explorer
Bahruul Bous Barbarian

Nonlethal Force said:
Destiny looks to Barhuul as he speaks and raises an eyebrow. "Huh, never thought about it like that. You really think someone would set us up?"
"Well it can't be discounted can it? I'll tell you what, let's just ask around here and see what we can learn of the crazy old man" Bahruul suggests "before we go spending the gems Pwent" he continues as he sees the human eyeing off a tavern.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Destiny replies to Bahruul's comment, "Yeah, guess not. I mean, I suppose you both have business with this Oathbreaker guy, too. Who knows what all is connected or coincidence." She scratches her head then twirls her right index finger around one of her long whiskers. "I guess I'll have to start thinking more in depth if I'm gonna hang around you guys."

jkason

First Post
Byntrou

Byntrou sighs under his breath, wishing for days when every moment of good fortune needn't be second-guessed, but Bahruul was right, he supposed. Of course, his herdmate's intimidating presence seemed a bit more likely to send more people running than actually result in answers about the crazed man. And while he thought himself a little more personable when he put his mind to it, he was still a Bous in the midst of more ... human folk.

Byn sides up to Keryth and says under his breath, "Might our efforts be a little more fruitful if a benevolent man of the cloth were asking the questions, perhaps ... softening the image of a massive Bous carrying three very large, very sharp weapons?"

unleashed

First Post
Keryth, Male Drakontos Cleric

“Well he will get answers, but I doubt they’ll be the right ones,” Keryth replies, worried that there may be more calls of minotaur...perhaps by those most unaware of the resentment it may cause, “I don’t know exactly how benevolent I look armoured and armed with this morningstar, but I will join him in his questioning.” Keryth heads off after Bahruul and when he catches up aids him in his questioning, most likely by taking over that duty while Bahruul stands over the situation.

OOC: Gather Information +3...I would have done that already, but I was sleeping. :p

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Those at Great Bend:

As you enter the town, there really atren't many people milling about. There are a few people out washing clothes, running errands, etc. But for the most part the town is quiet.

The house of a smith is set off to the left of the road, its presence out of the town for obvious olfactory reasons. The smell of drying animal hide, smelted iron, and burned wood fills the air in your present vicinity.

The first woman Bahruul approaches is caught off guard as the big man approaches. Bahruul interrogates the woman a little clumsily, but the woman more or less stammers out an answer. She seems more intimidated than afraid. "Heh, old crazy Bo? I, uh, I, uh think that he's kinda been that way for as long as I've known him, really. But, uh, if it doesn't trouble you too much I'l be moving along before my big husband misses me ..." She hikes up the hem of her dress a little bit and briskly walks off.

Another woman is walking down the street and sees Bahruul coming her direction. She is leading a white horse by the reigns down the street headed towards your direction. A broad smile crosses her face. "A Bous? Visiting the big city? Well, okay, Great Bend is not so big of a city, really. Its more of a sleepy town. Most of the people here are farmers, hunters, or woodsmen. Ole Tugoth the dwarf smithy here is about the only one who doesn't fit into that category." As Keryth approaches and asks about the crazed old man, she replies, "Bo is really pretty harmless so far as anyone knows. He sits beside the road most days, hoping that people coming back from selling their wares in Theropa will be generous to him. I've not heard of anything he does to be dangerous, though."

Remove ads