• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CNN D&D alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarchon

First Post
As of this posting, CNN is about to do a bit on "Dragons and Dungeons" - About the fantasy art they found in one of the Saddamid's digs in Baghdad.

Actually this will probably be more good than bad for the hobby. If I'm remembering properly, adversity helped the first time around, it will help again.

joe b.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
More than likely the uneducated few who are fundamentally opposed to D&D will add this to their ever growing list of things wrong with D&D while the rest of the world shrugs and gets back to playing Starcraft. Oh yeah, and some gamers will get bent out of shape about the inaccuracies in CNN's reporting.

Personally I'm not into CNN or the "fair and ballanced" news network. I think the best, most unbiased (note that I said most, not wholly) news comes from MSNBC.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
NoOneofConsequence said:
Will their story mention how many of the US/UK coalition soldiers are gamers?:D

The number of our forces that are gamers is incredible. In fact, I recently received an email from a soldier who was holed up at the airport in Baghdad playing D&D with seven others while they were under mortar fire. He was in just one of two large groups playing D&D there in his unit.

S'mon

Legend
I was surprised to discover a few years back that some British soldiers are indeed gamers - of course I already knew it was very popular in the US military, but ours recruits from much narrower social strata than the US does, the upper-class officers & working-class 'other ranks' don't seem like natural gamer groups to me.

Ranger REG

Explorer
tarchon said:

As of this posting, CNN is about to do a bit on "Dragons and Dungeons" - About the fantasy art they found in one of the Saddamid's digs in Baghdad.
Actually they were talking about the fantasy paintings by Rowena Morill. You may have seen her works, including the book The Art of Rowena (being advertised as part of the Science Fiction Book Club in recent issue of Dragon or Dungeon magazine).

Krug

Newshound
Baraendur said:
More than likely the uneducated few who are fundamentally opposed to D&D will add this to their ever growing list of things wrong with D&D while the rest of the world shrugs and gets back to playing Starcraft.

Don't you mean just Korea? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads