Coc/Cursed Empire - A Womans Perspective

leonidas300

Explorer
"Instrusion" - use of words

Good day to all.

I have just stumbled across this thread and have enjoyed reading it.

Extract from web page:

"CERPG endeavours to capture the thrill of realistic situations through its game system without compromising playability as well as providing a modular approach to the way that situations are handled, enabling MT’s (Masters of Tales) to personalise the level of intrusion of magic and fantasy within their campaign."

The use of the word "intrusion" is intentional. When writing this page for the site I smiled at the choice of words and one should smile when reading it. The concept is that in the games I run, Magic is relatively rare but quite volatile and potentially very very powerful. There is an element of "disruption" in the nicest of ways in that magic usually manifests itself in dire situations that change the normal flow of events and the traditional atmosphere of the game. Magic is a huge part of Cursed Empire in that players can create their own spells in addition to the base 140 spells provided. More information will be provided on the Cursed Empire site, but I strongly recommend reading the Magic Page under the Game page for an introduction to this.

Trying to remain in topic, I'm always interested to hear other peoples impressions and those notably of the fairer sex as we could do with more female players in roleplaying.

I'm glad the art from the game (and not any other art we have been wrongly associated with) pleases gamers and especially "girlie gamers" as that was our whole intention.

Chris

Frostmarrow

First Post
Jürgen Hubert said:
A werewolf will only kill you - but your death doesn't take the meaning of your life until that point away. On the other hand, the mere existence of the Great Old Ones implies that there is no grand meaning in humanity at all. Live or die, the universe won't care - and there is not a damn thing you can do about this.

How is that different from the vastness of space and time? Really, the Great Old Ones give me hope if anything. For if there is such a thing as a star vampire then space isn't completely vacuuously empty. Cthulhu cares a lot more about man than space itself.

A werewolf will eat you alive.

Mirren

First Post
So what about human "monsters"?

I hear what you're saying about the different monsters but as per my previous quote do you not think that in gaming confronting a human who is evil and behaves like a monster, holds greater dread? This seems to be much closer to home. When I've played CoC the majority of foes I've encountered are mythical creatures whereas with CE you rarely enounter such things and if you do, the likelihood that you'll survive can be slim. The majority of foes in CE have usually been human, whether that be in the guise of a darkun belonging to a faction or a character that is a little less obvious but again a human. As I initially mentioned I love playing both games but for different reasons.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
I guess it's a matter of taste. The reason I play games is to escape from reality for a while - I see humans doing evil on the news everyday. Thus, it's a bit of a relief to participate in a game where the bad guys are monsters.

Remove ads