• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CoC] Nocturnum -- Part I - Chapter 2 The Madness of the Twilight Queen

The room is Dark, lit only by a Bunsen burner. An acrid chemical tang drifts amidst the odor of unwashed flesh. For six days now the young man has worked here alone, without sleeping or eating. For six days he has been working, and now the experiment is complete.

All that's left... is to test it.

"Scott." He calls softly. "Are you ready?"

Scott emerges bleary-eyed from the bedroom where he has been waiting. "Sorry, man. Fell asleep. Yeah, I'm ready."

"Good."

Scott could drink the concoction, the young man thinks. Or put it on a blotter strip, wait 24 hours for it to dry, and then let it dissolve on his tongue. For a moment he even considers having Scott smoke the substance, but he has known all along that injection is the only way to go.

The young man finds the syringe by instinct in the dark and attaches a new needle to it. One must take precautions, after all.

He fills the syringe and holds it up against the light: The liquid inside is thick and dark, almost black in the light of the Bunsen burner. A stained Army surplus sleeping bag lies piled in a corner with a leaking bean bag pillow. Scott leans back into the cushions. He lets his breath out slowly, feels his body relax.

Finding a vein is easy. No fumbling or bruising--the young man is a professional. A quick stab of pain, the needle strikes home, and the young man presses the plunger on the syringe...

And the drug goes to work.

Scott's body goes rigid, then begins to twitch. Sweat oozes and pools in his palms, his chest. His eyelids flutter open, but his staring eye's don't see the darkened room around him. Breathing slowly, shalowly, he forces a whisper past his drying lips:

"Oh God."

The young man smiles into the darkness.

Introduction Chapter two.. so it begins... again.

Ray slides behind his desk while he puts his empty can of beer on a corner of his bed behind him. It's passed midnight and he has had quite some drinks and would get drunk if he had some more. And that's exactly what he's planning on doing tonight.

But that won't happen, not this night.

He rubs the sleep from his eyes, the last time he had a decent nights sleep has been a while, a long while. Ray can sleep allright, and fast and very well. But Ray doesn't want to. No, Ray doesn't like to go to sleep because then he dream. He dreams about things he can't put behind him allthough he wants it badly, so very badly.

And now tonight as he has done so often before the last few months he sits down behind his desk to surf on the internet again while he cracks another can of coke.

More then four months it has been, it's summer now and the sun shines warmly each day and it has been a summer like there hardly any have been before. But he just can't enjoy it like he used to. Just his friends can keep his mind of things and can let him enjoy things. His friends have been there, with them he can talk about it, they believe him, they've seen it with their own eyes.

They understand.

Spacey clicks his mail and opens it. One new message.

Attachments

• papers1.jpg
    papers1.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 229

Festy_Dog

First Post
Back at home James goes about cleaning his Colt Anaconda. Mumbling about getting a better form of internet access so he can play his faster games online. His thoughts soon stray to his friends and he wonders how they are right now. With a thud the cylinder rolls off his bed and onto the carpet, bringing him back to reality. He shakes his head and goes back to what he was doing, now grumbling at having to replace his possessions lost in the hotel fire.

[ooc: Just saying hello :D]

Argent Silvermage

First Post
The Forsaken One said:
[OOC: Heh ok nice, just waiting for Argent to get this stuff roling :p He's alot online mostly.. last week he's been less on. How come Argent? /OOC]
[OOC: My new job is keeping me very busy.]
Ray looks at the screen from the overly bright room. He has been keeping the lights on all the time and has bulbs that are much too powerful for the lamps. Jason.. He hadn't seen the kid in so long. Ray and Jason were much closer in age than Ray and his other siblings so there was always a strong bond between them. Ray just replied to the e-mail that he would be there ASAP. Ray Makes arrangments to visit Jason and gets into his car after packing. On the drive he will call Ross. Hey Ross? You busy? I have a family problem and I might need some help with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads