[CoC] Shadows of the Past

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
The gentleman who answered the phone at the cab company had sounded like he had just been roused from a sound sleep. The phone call took a little longer than it ordinarily would have, as Gloria had to repeat her home address and her destination a few times for the sleepy telephone operator. Still, he promised that he would send a cab as soon as possible.

As Gloria sat, nervously awaiting the cab, she heard the sound of a key turning in the lock. A moment later, her roommates, Abigail and Belinda burst in, laughing and talking loudly.

“Gloria! Darling, you will never guess who we ran into this evening!” Belinda said. However, before Gloria had to guess, Abigail spoke up.

“Gloria, you look affright! What is the matter?”

"Oh Abbie, Belinda!" Gloria runs over and gives them both hugs as tears being to well up in her eyes. "I got this frightful message about my mother. I don't know what to do. I am in no shape to drive so I called a cab."

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Oh, sweetie, no!” Abbie gasped, giving Gloria a hug.

Belinda was silent for a moment, letting the news sink in. “That’s horrible, Gloria. What happened? What did the message say?”

As Abbie led Gloria to the couch, Belinda disappeared into the kitchen to prepare a cup of tea for Gloria.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Bennie leaned back in his chair, staring at Charlie’s eye with a mixture of curiousity and disgust. “Not much to tell, really. This here’s one of the more popular places with the locals. But we’ve never had a famous person drink with us before.” After a pause, Bennie remember the drink. “Oh yeah, the rye!” Without waiting for a response, he got up to get Charlie another drink.

Given time to look around, Charlie will see that this particular speakeasy looks a little rundown, though it was quite crowded. The majority of the clientele were black. Many were drinking, and some were dancing. He noticed that two ladies were looking him over, but they quickly turned away when they caught sight of his bad eye.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“No. I told you before, it is not to leave the premises.”

As Randolph listened, he could hear Killington’s voice clearly through the door. The man sounded nervous, and angry at the same time. As he waited expectantly for Killington’s guest to reply, his ears were met with an unusual sound… one could compare it to the sound of howling wind, the sound of a rat's claws on a wooden floor, and a distant scream all at the same time.

“I do not fear you, or your master,” Killington spoke once again, but this time his voice was edged with dread.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
Father Gregory paused a moment to look up at the stars, before looking at William once more. “It is close to three in the morning, my son,” he said at last. “You have spent the better part of six hours drinking.”

William looked around slowly, trying to get his bearings. He recognized the King Street speakeasy, a nondescript brick building in one of the more run-down parts of town. There were very few people on the street, as most were still inside, having a grand time.

sellars

Explorer
Man, I'm stuck again in another dirty joint, in another senseless city. I can't even remember it's name. Anyway, I'm too drunk to drive. I'll need a place to sleep tonight let's see if I can find some birds who can provide me.

With a Bluff of +9, a sense motive of +7, a Gather Information of +9, and a Charisma score of 16 Charlie mingles in the crowd, looking for a woman to spend the night with.

Last edited:

Gomez

First Post
Dark Nemesis said:
“Oh, sweetie, no!” Abbie gasped, giving Gloria a hug.

Belinda was silent for a moment, letting the news sink in. “That’s horrible, Gloria. What happened? What did the message say?”

As Abbie led Gloria to the couch, Belinda disappeared into the kitchen to prepare a cup of tea for Gloria.

"I really don't know what happened. Just got this note." Gloria shows the note to her roommates. "What should I do? Should I go there right now in the middle of the night or wait till morning. I am in no shape to drive."

Last edited:

Maerdwyn

First Post
William looks down when he hears the time, embarassed, but not surprised. He looks up at the priest. "Thanks for coming out to find me, Father. I'll walk you back to the rectory, then go turn in myself. I'll come by as early as I can manage tomorrow for you to give me a more well rested excoriation." He smiles weakly. "Sound good?"

Capellan

Explorer
The smart thing would have been to walk away. Either Killington was crazy, or he was talking on the phone - though Randolph couldn't remember a phone in the older man's office - or ...

Or there's someone in there talking too quietly for you to hear. Pull yourself together, man.

Randolph glanced at the office just beyond Killington's, then went to try the lock. Might hear better from there. And even if not, from there I'll be able see the old man's visitor when he leaves.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
While looking for a lady to spend the night with, one in the corner catches his eye. She is rather lovely, with long hair tied back. Her fashionable red dress indicated that she had some money, and perhaps even a nice place to stay. Really, he had noticed her earlier during his performance, as she had been giving him come hither looks the entire time.

Remove ads