• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Collaborative Cave!

der_kluge

Adventurer
Yea - what Ilium said.

http://www.circvsmaximvs.com/showthread.php?t=10936

Though I neglected to incude one of the pit traps in my playtest. D'oh!

Oh well.

They found the underwater tunnel in area 6, and the monk stripped down and swam up there, only to get freaked out a little when he found the will-o'-wisp in area 10. He left, and they're calling that way "a death trap" now. :lol:

They've since doubled back to 2a, and are currently trying to figure out what to do with a fog cloud spell at the end of the hallway off area 2a.

der_kluge

Adventurer
The playtest continues.

The players had a bit of fun with the kobolds, and ultimately let First From the Forest leave. The kobolds tactics were quite fun, and I intend to include some new ones in the writeup - including the use of ghost sound to emulate a dragon's roar. The web spells, and a successful blindness spell on the party spellcaster cost them some time and resources.

The party left, and tried sleeping in the chasm room (#2), but First From the Forest fled past, and they heard him. This freaked them out a bit, and they decided to sleep outside.

Well, of course the kobold went back and informed the dragon's about their presence, and the dragons have trashed their bridge across the chasm.

While sleeping outside, the rust monsters - which were not in room #1 when the party entered the dungeon, found them (because of the two sets of full plate armor in the group) and attacked. The knight lost his set of full plate +2, but they managed to defeat them before further damage was done.

They went back in, had to find a more creative way across the chasm this time since the bridge was gone, and have just encountered one of the chokers in area #7, where it successfully attacked and grappled the gnome illusionist.

Stay tuned!

Ilium

First Post
@der_kluge: I'm not trying to nag, but how's the PDF coming along? I'm looking forward to your additions and revisions, and I'm waiting to incorporate them in my Wiki version.

der_kluge

Adventurer
Ilium said:
@der_kluge: I'm not trying to nag, but how's the PDF coming along? I'm looking forward to your additions and revisions, and I'm waiting to incorporate them in my Wiki version.

The pdf is basically done. I can send it your way if you like.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it available. It's not as easy as it should be. :)

Ilium

First Post
I never noticed this reply in my subscriptions page. D'oh!

Yes please send it to me when you get a chance. I will plunder transfer the text into my wiki format. :)

As far as distribution, I think the first thing we could do is post it here on EN World. Isn't there still a downloads area? Other than that, maybe we could convince a small press to release it free via their regular channels if there's no cost to them. I'm not sure how that works.

Thanks!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads