Comics this week....

Sulimo

First Post
Seeing as there are a few comic readers around, I thought I'd start a semi regular discussion about what we read.

This week I got:

Hmmm...

JLA #69 - I didnt mind it that much. I thought it was an improvement on the last issue though.

ASM #43 - didnt like this one much at all. The only thing I liked was the continuing MJ thread.

Buffy #47 - Wow. I really like the direction Lobdell is taking this book. But then I'm a HUGE fan of Faith, so how I could I not love this issue.

KODT #70 - the main strip didnt do much for me, but I really liked the Q&A strips (esp the Coupons one) and the Medlers of Kataan strip.

Nodwick #14 & #15 - I definitely preferred #14, but #15 was pretty impressive too with its jousting contest. What I want is a Piffany spin-off.

Midnight Nation #12 & Rising Stars #18 - havent read 'em yet as I have to refresh myself with the last few issues first.

Welverin

First Post
Sulimo said:
Midnight Nation #12 & Rising Stars #18 - havent read 'em yet as I have to refresh myself with the last few issues first.

If you pick your books up every week how'd you miss MN #12 for so long?

IT's good by the way, but disappointing because it's the last issue.

Sulimo

First Post
Re: Re: Comics this week....

Welverin said:

If you pick your books up every week how'd you miss MN #12 for so long?

IT's good by the way, but disappointing because it's the last issue.

I dont pickup comics every week, normal its every 2 weeks although I'd recently had to reallocate resources away from comics so I've still got a bit of a stockpile of comics from the past 6-8 weeks that I'm wading through at my comic store.

Its good to hear MN ends well. I'm actually quite sad that Joes Comics is dead, and JMS has gone exclusively Marvel.

Furn_Darkside

First Post
I picked up Black Panther 48, but it is the only book I read regulary.

I made the mistake of buying Agent X #1 last week- Marvel's answer to... Marvel's Deadpool?

The art may be good, but the idea is so stupid.

They need one more wise cracking hero? One with a healing factor? Ok...

FD

Welverin

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Comics this week....

Sulimo said:

I dont pickup comics every week, normal its every 2 weeks although I'd recently had to reallocate resources away from comics so I've still got a bit of a stockpile of comics from the past 6-8 weeks that I'm wading through at my comic store.

OK, I thought that might be it but you threw me off a little by how you started off. I don't even pick mine up as often as you, of course I don't get all that many books and if I went any more often I'd spend more money on gas than comics.

Its good to hear MN ends well. I'm actually quite sad that Joes Comics is dead, and JMS has gone exclusively Marvel.

Well there's one more book left called Dream Police, a one shot the release dae I'm not sure about.
There's a chance Joe's Comics could continue over at Marvel (JMS may be able to buy the rights back from the Cow). Even if that doesn't happen JMS' contract with Marvel allows for creator owned books within and without the Marvel U.

Prince Atom

Explorer
SPOILERS!

This last week I got Ultimate Spider-Man #25 (?) and ASM #44.

Yeah, I'm a one-trick pony :)

I liked USM, even though most of the middle of the book was in the last one from Spidey's POV. I liked the little phantoms swarming around ol' Norman's noggin, and the permutations of Parker.

I was a little concerned that MJ got the worst of the "fall-off-the-bridge" thing, but Spidey wasn't anchored when he snagged her so I think it must have been sort of like a bungee jump. I certainly hope she's all right.

As for ASM 44, I like Straczynski's (sp?) writing, especially the exchange about "I was an astral"-"That's almost the word I was thinking of"-"Hey, not in front of my aunt!"

I like the new Aunt May. She's not as frail as she once was. Heck, Romita Jr. doesn't draw her even as frail as Mark Bagley used to, and Bagley drew her pretty darn strong! When Romita's dad was working on ASM, the heroes were pretty interchangeable in the way they were drawn, but Romita Jr has given Parker a sort of 98-lb-weakling look that's deceptive.

But I digress...

I also got two volumes of the Essential Spider-Man. Fun stuff, but it doesn't hold my interest after the first read. Weird.

TWK
The Amazing Spider-Knight!

Furn_Darkside

First Post
I had to get it online, but this week I got "The End" - the final story of the Incredible Hulk- written by Peter David.

It was incredible, and I would suggest it to anyone who likes David's work with the hulk.

I would like to see other "The End" type of stories.

The new Mark Waid Fantastic Four is supposed to be out this week- I can't wait. I really hope it is good.

FD

I had to get it online, but this week I got "The End" - the final story of the Incredible Hulk- written by Peter David.It was incredible, and I would suggest it to anyone who likes David's work with the hulk.

It was very good, even if you're not a fan of Peter David or the Hulk i'd say it's worth reading.

I would like to see other "The End" type of stories.

Rumor has it that this is the first in a series of "the End" books.

Also any Peter David fans should go out and pick up Captain Marvel when it relaunches in sept. It's one of the best comics you're not reading.

The new Mark Waid Fantastic Four is supposed to be out this week- I can't wait. I really hope it is good.

Plus Mike Wieringo is doing some of the best art i've ever seen from him. Besides at a meer $.09 it's a steal.

Remove ads