Coming soon SAVAGE TIDE ADVENTURE PATH: Formerly Whom do I contact?

DM-Rocco

Explorer
HeapThaumaturgist said:
We'll expect no fewer than thirteen skyclad priestesses engaged in unwholesome carnal ritual congress, fourteen bushels of hewn limbs upon byres, fifteen hogsheads of bright red blood, and sixteen stone in steaming spilled entrails!

--fje
Um, I'll try to work that in :D :p :lol:

Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
And while you're at it, we could use some cookies, too.
Mmmh, cookies :) ;) :cool:

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, and cool stuff. . . a few typos I caught, but I am curious about the nature of the relationship between the two characters. . .

Oh, and I would have liked a description of the man? elf?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
DM-Rocco, I got your email and I read it - the reason I hasn't replied yet is because, to be honest, I was wavering on it (just one one or two little bits of it). But, re-reading it, it seems fairly harmless to me.

I appreciate your asking in advance. :)

the Jester

Legend
To be perfectly frank, I've had more explicit sexual situations in my story hours than prolly anyone else here (at least as far as I know). From the infamous "killer whale incident" to the "alternative methods for interrogating a troll", I've usually tried to keep them humorous. It seems to keep people from getting all in a twit.

By the same token, I try hard not to cross the line, and there are plenty of things that I have edited out of the story hours for purposes of "keepin it clean(ish)", but if it's important to the story, it generally stays in.

Aha! I think that's the secret! Here's the Jester's rule of thumb for naughty bits in story hours: If your SH's naughty bits are integral to the story rather than being superfluous, they're prolly ok to post so long as you don't get too explicit.

Aurora

First Post
Nicely done. Of course, if your SH stays on the same track, you could probably send it to one of those trashy romance novel publishers ;) (Just teasing ya) A lot of grammar and spelling errors. Re-read it, correct those errors, and start a new thread, cause I know I'll keep reading it :D

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Morrus said:
DM-Rocco, I got your email and I read it - the reason I hasn't replied yet is because, to be honest, I was wavering on it (just one one or two little bits of it). But, re-reading it, it seems fairly harmless to me.

I appreciate your asking in advance. :)
Thanks for getting back to me. I just figured you were busy, I wasn't trying to go around you or anything.

I didn't think I went to far or anything either, but it is always best to check first.

Don't worry though, I won't get nuts and take anything over your current wavering point. I just wanted to create some sexual tension. I think I did :D :p :lol:

Thanks again.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
el-remmen said:
Oh, and cool stuff. . . a few typos I caught, but I am curious about the nature of the relationship between the two characters. . .

Oh, and I would have liked a description of the man? elf?

The man is an elf, he is an NPC from the books that I thought fit well into this role and I also suspect that in future parts of the adventure the Dungeon team will place him in a more prodominate role.

As to typos, yeah, I get them and it is hard for me to always catch them myself. What I posted was rough, I knew I needed to review it before really sending it out, and I will go over it a bit more when I have time.

On the other side of the coin, I love feed back, feel free to point out typos since I miss them from time to time. Although, I would prefer you send a PM about those. It helps keep the illusion that I know what I am doing :D :p :lol:

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
the Jester said:
To be perfectly frank, I've had more explicit sexual situations in my story hours than prolly anyone else here (at least as far as I know). From the infamous "killer whale incident" to the "alternative methods for interrogating a troll", I've usually tried to keep them humorous. It seems to keep people from getting all in a twit.

By the same token, I try hard not to cross the line, and there are plenty of things that I have edited out of the story hours for purposes of "keepin it clean(ish)", but if it's important to the story, it generally stays in.

Aha! I think that's the secret! Here's the Jester's rule of thumb for naughty bits in story hours: If your SH's naughty bits are integral to the story rather than being superfluous, they're prolly ok to post so long as you don't get too explicit.
killer whale incident, I'm not sure I want to know :D :p :lol:

That too makes me feel better.

Aurora said:
Nicely done. Of course, if your SH stays on the same track, you could probably send it to one of those trashy romance novel publishers ;) (Just teasing ya) A lot of grammar and spelling errors. Re-read it, correct those errors, and start a new thread, cause I know I'll keep reading it :D
Yeah, I know, it is rough. I do intend to re-read it though.
As to the comment about trashy novels, well, my grandmother would approve :) ;) :cool:

Good to hear you will continue to read. I tried one story hour called Lizard Bait, which I never really finished. Well, I have a begining and an end (and editied versions of each that I have yet to post), but not the middle (see the link in my signature). You might enjoy that until I find time to commit to this one full time.

I am remodeling the house and should be done in a few weeks. Then I can go hog wild on writting. I was planning to keep up with the Adventure Path, but that is proving hard because lack of time with the remodel.

Anyway, I think I have an interesting character and it should be a good read. Stay tuned for more.

...And always, feed back is welcome. :) ;) :cool:

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
For those interested, I updated the Lizard Bait story hour. I was waiting until I got the middle written, but I really am into writting the story hour for Savage Tide right now. Anyway, a friend of mine, Jessica Babcock, went through Lizard Bait and corrected the grammer that I just couldn't see. Sadly, she hates fantasy, so I can't tap that resource again, but it benfited my last story.

As a bonus, Lizard Bait features the ending story, which I actually wrote first and only later started on the prequel. I'm really proud of it, and I hope you enjoy.

Savage Tide is coming along and I will post a link here to the new thread once I get things cleaned up. Err, or as cleaned up as I can :eek: :confused: :\
;)

Remove ads