Commentary thread for that “Describe your game in five words” thread.

darjr

I crit!
Cause I love the beauty of the five word model and dint want to break it by commenting on posts there I’m making this thread!

Thread in question

Marc_C

Solitary Role Playing
5 words: 'Missing abbot didn't need rescuing'

[Fantasy AGE] Tropical Island, part II. After surviving an attack by six giant lizards the dwarven warrior, dwarven mage and human rogue continued following a river in search of the missing abbot they were hired to find. They arrived at a mountain with a stone staircase. After 3 hours of ascension they arrived at a plateau. They found a Machu Picchu like society of peaceful humans. They were greeted and lead to a zigurat near the centre of the town. At the top they found the abbot studying star charts with the local priest. When the abbot saw the PCs he was surprised. He explained he was perfectly happy with these people and didn't need rescuing! (the faces of the players, priceless
🤣
)

The abbot wrote a letter and named Egil as his successor. He gave a gold ring with a ruby to the PCs for their effort. He also gave a magical cape to the mage (+2 def) claiming he wouldn't need it anymore. 13 days later a sailboat took them back to Freeport. They went to the temple and announced to Egil his promotion, handing him the abbot's letter. Egil was saddened by the news but honored by the promotion.

As the PCs were preparing to leave Egil told them he had a letter for the Dwarven Warrior. It was a letter from his father, a noble from an important dwarven family. He is recalled to the kingdom for an urgent state mater. As a dutyful son he decides to return home. The dwarven mage and human rogue decide to follow. They also bring three human mercenaries who helped them in their early days in Freeport.

[The campaign will now leave Freeport and concentrate on events in the dwarven kingdom]

image0-56.jpeg

Esau Cairn

Explorer
Five words is a bit too restricted and condensed, really.

I think it'd be better as a haiku.
I like this idea
but haiku can be daunting--
"Arrrgh! The syllables!"[*]

•••

[*]
...and yes, we know that
moras are not syllables
but it's still good fun...

especially if you want
to start a complete renga

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
A random encounter? We hide.

The PCs are traveling right now. They’ve had 5 random encounters come up in 2 session - they hid from three of them. They are keeping a LOW profile as much as they can - but for no particular reason. They really just wanna be subtle.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases