• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Companies on the Edge...

JoeGKushner said:
I don't see quite the same issue with Eden's Odessy line since it's not a setting but I know a lot of poeple are very curious to see how their final 'big books' are going to come out.

This is why we opted for our initial d20 products not to be setting specific, just material you can dump into any setting you allready play.

The vignettes were a test and did fairly well for us.

The Liber Beastarius, currenlty at the printer for an Origins release, is essentially a monster manual.

Now Waysides, the Book of Taverns, currenlty in layout and final edit, is a generic sourcebook as well.

Fields of Blood, The Book of War, in our eyes, will define mass combat for d20 and we are looking forward with working with other companies to include FoB stats in their future supplements.

robotron666

First Post
On the edge?

Having done a whole shwack of work for PP's Monsternomicon, I can tell you that although dev has gone slowly, the book will kick ass. There is something to be said for making sure something is done right. As well, the IK has a very loyal following. The Witchfire trilogy is still doing really well (it is a Highly visible product which maintains consumer interest), and there is enough material in the way of resources to play an IK game without shelling out for hardcovers.

With that said, I run a Scarred lands campaign. Why? Because there are lots of books out for it, the setting is cool, and it has a lot of interesting possibilities. It's nowhere near being a Rifted game. The source material gives you enough to work with without choking your ideas to death with game/setting doctrine.

In order to stay in the public eye, a product every fiscal quarter should be a sufficient way of maintaining a market presence. However if you have products that have good standing sales, that might go down to a single substantial product every six months.

Fiery James

First Post
Fiery Dragon Productions.

We've just sent our 12th product (in 20 months) from the printer to our warehouse. It should be shipping to distributors over the next two weeks.

I'd like to hit one a month, but we function a little better when we target one every 6 weeks or so.

Still alive and kicking (though pretty quiet lately),

Fiery James

tensen

First Post
Re: Re: Companies on the Edge...

Eden Studios Inc said:

Now Waysides, the Book of Taverns, currenlty in layout and final edit, is a generic sourcebook as well.

I'm still looking forward to seeing Waysides. Is there a new official release date on it?

Harp

First Post
Re: On the edge?

robotron666 said:
With that said, I run a Scarred lands campaign. Why? Because there are lots of books out for it, the setting is cool, and it has a lot of interesting possibilities. It's nowhere near being a Rifted game. The source material gives you enough to work with without choking your ideas to death with game/setting doctrine.

Now this really gets to the heart of my question. If a gaming group does not have all of the information they need to have (or at least the information they feel they need to have) to run a campaign in a given published setting, wouldn't they necessarily start up the game in the setting they think is better supported? Scarred Lands seems like an obvious choice and an extremely well done setting.

But that brings me to my next question -- will you switch your game to an Iron Kingdoms campaign once that setting material is made available?

Just curious,
Harp

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Well I think the intention was, if the books weren't well recieved, at least for a setting, they could just offer them as material to be rifted/used in other places. Now though, with more and more people clammoring for Scarred Lands, there will be a greater influx of SL specific products. At least parts of it will be, but I imagine there will still be elements that will be useable in other people's campaigns.

Btw, in case anyone cares, Psion rated the SLCS very highly! 5 out of 5! Flaws and all I may add! :D Have to say that's a pretty nice rating to have for a Campaign Sourcebook.

JoeGKushner

First Post
Re: Re: On the edge?

Harp said:

Now this really gets to the heart of my question. If a gaming group does not have all of the information they need to have (or at least the information they feel they need to have) to run a campaign in a given published setting, wouldn't they necessarily start up the game in the setting they think is better supported? Scarred Lands seems like an obvious choice and an extremely well done setting.

But that brings me to my next question -- will you switch your game to an Iron Kingdoms campaign once that setting material is made available?

Just curious,
Harp

I just wanted to note that I'm playing a Scarred Lands campaign too. Pretty much same reasons. Lots of books make it easier for the GM to run the campaign.

When the IK book comes out, I'll carefully review it, but unless something drastic happens to the whole party, that doesn't look like an option.

Remove ads