Competition!!!

Eye Tyrant

First Post
EYE agree with/suggest the following:

1) Create a unique and recurring villian, complete with background and/or motives (In the spirit of WotCs "Fight Club") showing atleast 3 different levels of progression.

2) Create an adventure that includes a unique/recurring locale.

3) Create a unique organization (ie. Red Wizards, Zhents, Solamnic Knights etc) and document it's origins, history, and members.

Thats about all EYE can come up with right now...

Last edited:

Zan Thrax

First Post
I like the villain creation idea best; and I second the Fight Club style idea. This is of course mainly because I've already got an idea for an entry.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm leaning toward the mini-encounter with attached unique location. But I haven't decided fully yet.

EOL

First Post
Magic Items

How about a contest on designing a whole new class of magic items, something along the lines of the Orbs of the Dragonkind or Quall's Feather Tokens. Along with all the background information on why they were created who had them first, have they been lost, etc. If done right you might end up bringing in most of the other ideas (Unique Organization, Setting, NPC) and most good magic items have adventure hooks already built in.

applenerd

First Post
I vote for an encounter. Like others have mentioned it would be really cool to have a bunch of these to drop into adventures. It wouldn't be as cool to have 10 recurring locales. Of course if the encounters happened in really cool locales or had something otherwise really interesting about them, then all the better!

Kaodi

Hero
Mey, Morrus!

.....It would seem that those insidious typo' ri have infiltrated the new boards.....

One more time.....

Hey, Morrus!

Why not throw throw a whole bunch of ideas in a large bowl, empty in a bottle of sovereign glue, mix it up ( use a spoon, hands could be dangerous ), and bake it in the oven for a while.
When the contest cake comes out, maybe you'll have something like this:

EN World Contest: New Year's Desolation

As our first challenge of the new year, EN World is hosting a contest for the best and most exciting mini-encounter to serve as the beginning of a sub-plot, or perhaps an entire campaign. The challenge is, your villain and location must both be original and unique. Can you go the distance?

Err..... maybe that is a little <insert appropriate adjective here> , but it can serve as a starting point.

-Kaodi, In His First Post On The New Boards.......

Dalenthas

First Post
How about an NPC contest. The trick? You have to use one of Cladio's Oddballs to make your NPC. Give a level to make it, and restrict it to the core rules (to make it more available to everybody), and you have a cool contest that I have a chance of winning ;-).

Remove ads