D&D 3E/3.5 COMPILED 3.5 ERRATA, courtesy of Olgar Shiverstone and other ENWorlders.

3d6

Explorer
This is based of the 3.5 SRD (I don't have the books.)

The SRD says in the text that supernatural abilities cannot be dispelled, and on the next table says that they can. (This really needs to be cleared up. What happens when I dispel a solar's damage reduction? Does it come back? When?)

Also, monks are not proficient with unarmed strikes.

Last edited:

Number47

First Post
Here's a classic for you:

Spell Turning description states that the spell does not turn area spells or touch spells (specifically using Fireball and Inflict Critical Wounds as examples). Then, a couple paragraphs later, they discuss what happens when a spell is only partially turned. What two spells do they use as examples? A touch spell and area spell! To add insult to injury, the touch spell is the one they specifically mention in first paragraph, Inflict Critical Wounds!

Destan

Citizen of Val Hor
Not sure if this is an error or not. Maybe someone else can help me out.

The Bebilith seems to be the only higher-CR demon that does not have a listed SR. Nor does the Beb's "Special Qualities" section list the immunities and resistances common to demons, as other demon entries do.

D

Last edited:

Tessarael

Explorer
More errata on DMG familiars 200-204

I haven't gone through the list in detail, but there are a number of familiars which seem to have 3E Monsters Manual skills rather than 3.5E. E.g. The leopard has Jump +7 in the 3.5E DMG, and Jump +11 in the 3.5E Monster Manual.

I really wish that they had made sure that the 3.5E books were consistent with each other.

The Little Raven

First Post
Kerrick said:

I don't see how this is errata - sleeping in light or heavy armor causes fatigue, unless you have the Endurance feat. I might be missing something since I don't have a copy of the PHB yet, but it seems pretty straightforward to me.

Let me spell it out. From the SRD:

ENDURANCE [GENERAL]
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on the following checks and saves: Swim checks made to resist nonlethal damage, Constitution checks made to continue running, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from a forced march, Constitution checks made to hold your breath, Constitution checks made to avoid nonlethal damage from starvation or thirst, Fortitude saves made to avoid nonlethal damage from hot or cold environments, and Fortitude saves made to resist damage from suffocation. Also, you may sleep in light or medium armor without becoming fatigued.
Normal: A character without this feat who sleeps in medium or heavier armor is automatically fatigued the next day.
Special: A ranger automatically gains Endurance as a bonus feat at 3rd level. He need not select it.

Light armor does NOT cause fatigue, so it seems to grant you an ability you already possess. It states that a character without the feat who sleeps in medium or heavier is automatically fatigued. That statement implies that the benefit should say "medium or heavy armor" rather than "light or medium armor."

Dthamilaye

First Post
8. MM, All dragons that have casting ability have Spellcraft as class skill. Nowhere does the dragon rules mention this, though. I think they have omitted the sentence in old MM that every dragon with caster levels get 1 rank of Spellcraft/HD. At least all dragons have this still, even though its no longer specifically said. ????

I got a reply from Gwendolyn (WotC representative) about this when I sent the error to her:

It's a class skill, but they don't get it for free. Good catch!

nsruf

First Post
Mourn said:
Light armor does NOT cause fatigue, so it seems to grant you an ability you already possess. It states that a character without the feat who sleeps in medium or heavier is automatically fatigued. That statement implies that the benefit should say "medium or heavy armor" rather than "light or medium armor."

I read it as "light or medium" as opposed to "(only) light". So it would not be an error but unnecessarily confusing. Sleeping in heavy armor still causes fatigue.

And I wonder why they have not fixed the confusing entry on Combat Expertise (formerly Expertise), which can lead people to believe the ability replaces (does not stack with) fighting defensively. IIRC, the 3.0 sage advive clarified that you could indeed do both.

Spatzimaus

First Post
The psionic powers Vigor and Improved Vigor were erratad from their old bonuses (3 and 13, respectively) to larger bonuses (3/level max 18 and 3/level max 60). The text of the powers has the new versions, but the one-line description in the lists of powers by level still gives the old values. There are probably others like this.

Remove ads