Complete index of 3.X D&D creatures

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
The previous version of this index has now vanished from the boards, so here is an updated version.

This spreadsheet contains a complete index of all published 3.X D&D creatures that I could find. The basic criteria for inclusion is that the creature has at some point appeared in an official D&D product or in a D&D world. (There is a list of sources included for those who are interested in all of the gory details.)

As well as ordinary monster entries, the index also covers races, templates, monster progression classes, hazards and ecology articles from Dragon magazine. As far as possible for each creature, the index lists the source and page, name, size, types (and subtypes), environment, CR, LA and setting. For web sources, the direct URL of the creature's web page or source is listed. On the right-hand side of the index is a classification system that is still a work-in-progress, but which might be helpful in searching for creatures listed under different names in different sources.

Note that many of the creature names and statistics are the intellectual property of the companies producing or licensing the products in which those creatures appear. This index is a derivative work, and is not intended to challenge any of those rights. Frankly, there isn't enough information in the index for anyone to use the creatures without owning the various products in which they appear. So please don't anyone sue me ;).

That's it. Download the index, take a look. If you spot any errors or omissions, let me know and I'll do my best to fix them.

Attachments

• Echohawk's D&D Monster Index (2006-05-10).zip
    906.8 KB · Views: 220

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Glad you liked it. I'm gradually indexing all of the 2nd Edition, 1st Edition and OD&D creatures too, but there are a lot of them, so it'll be a few months (years maybe!) until I have a complete index of all D&D creatures...

Remove ads