D&D 5E Complete Random Character Generator (2.0)

Emirikol

Adventurer
Release version 9.7.6
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0060fbqwg...er Generator 9.7.6 RELEASE VERSION.xlsx?dl=0

9.7.5,-6 Added FR cities for random reference
Fixed city watch background city correct
Added background to stat block
Added 3 eberron races (chang, shift, warforged)
fixed errata in wizard, monk, ranger level abilities
Fixed druids having wizard spells errors
Added UA elf races: avariel, grugach, sea, shadar
Cleaned up all references to isolate to math and
single line reference at Race instead for ease
of adding new races.
Moved Min-max ability set to Abilities Tab
Changed direct reference from level skills to stat block

Jay

Saorex

First Post
Hi Emirikol

Since the previous version, my Google Sheets version (automatically created by Google Sheets) keeps refreshing by itself every few seconds. Any idea of what the problem could be?

Here's a link to the latest version, uploaded a couple of minutes ago. I gave "the world" edit access, so you can thinker with it if you want. This online version has been very popular with my visitors in the past years.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UAwDFdY7Hp92DqHJpNRXH6GMJi1YJZzDrPrITsdrsV4/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks a lot for your help!

Saorex

First Post
Hi again!

I'm trying to figure out what the problem could be when using the sheet with LibreOffice (5 and 6) or Google Drive. As I said before, Drive keeps reloading the sheet, but LibreOffice shows a different problem, or has a different behaviour for the same problem.

Here's what happens with LibreOffice Calc:

• Open the sheet by doule-clicking on it
  • Sheet opens with most data (but not all, will detail below)
  • Dialog pops: "This file contains links to other files. Should they be updated?"
  • Click on the "Yes" button
  • Another dialog opens: "The following external file could not be loaded. Data linked from this file did not get updated." ... followed by what I guess is an empty string, where a filename should/could appear

Obviously, there aren't any other files, so I guess one or more commands or variables are misinterpreted by non Microsoft office suites.

Here are the fields/stats that aren't working on the Top Sheet:

• DeathSaves, Failures, and Inspiration: all of them display 3 unkown character (shown as an empty square)
  • Racial (next to Spells Known), displays: # N/A
  • Magic Items, displays: (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (), (),

Also (and maybe even more important), the Basic Information section in the User doesn't update when hitting F9.

I would totally understand if you're not be interested in fixing these problems. But if anyone is, I hope this will help. Also, LibreOffice can be downloaded and installed very easily by downloading the official installer: https://www.libreoffice.org/

Thanks again for your awesome work!

Emirikol

Adventurer
Saorex:
Magic items will display with just commas unless you USER set to display magic items.
Racial spells: will only show if race that has racial spells. Let me know if it doesn't show up for elves (for example).
Deathsaves, failures and inspiration: I reset the Char Sheet to CALIBRI font. Should work now. It was set to segoe font prior.
Tested: USER setting for magic items: CURRENTLY at "2"-max 1st level wealth only:
*** if level 1 will only show parentheses (),(), etc. YES, this is correct.
*** If you want to see magic items, set the USER setting for WEALTH (All the way to the right) to "0" and make a non-1st level character. you should see magic items show up :)

**Doesn't update iwth f9: Just change a blank cell (enter "asdf" and hit enter). It should update the sheet. F9 might only work with Excel.

Anyways, here is the new version with the corrected font and renamed character sheet. Test it out. I did NOT set the USER WEALTH to show magic items. You'll have to set that yourself.

~ jh

NEW RELEASE VERSION: 9.7.8:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2lkwf1ay...er Generator 9.7.8 RELEASE VERSION.xlsx?dl=0

Shane Thrapp

First Post
D&D 5e Name Generator

I'm noticing that the cleric and paladin spells are missing on the google drive document.
NPC Generator Screenshot - No Cleric Spells.png

Last edited:

Emirikol

Adventurer
Ok, I'll look into it this coming month. If you can troubleshoot anything let me know.

My guess is it is reading erroneously from the new races I added from Unearthed Arcana/Mordy's book.

Jay H

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases