• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Con exclusives - availabiilty as PDFs later?

timbolton

Explorer
Hi! Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere, I did use the search function (froze on me a few times, then found two threads which weren't about my question) and I've been searching the general internet for last 30 mins - 1 hour.

Are D&D 5e con/event exclusives like "Cloud Giant's Bargain," "Lost Tales of Myth Drannor" and potentially any future ones going to be available on the DMsGuild as pdfs? I did see mention that LToMD is expected at some point, but CGB was given out last year and I've searched high and low for an official place to get it - to no avail.
I ask because I am UK based and the chances of me getting to any of the cons, which are mostly US-based, is low for now.

Thanks for any help!

darjr

I crit!
There were certainly a lot of the CGB out there. Still are I think.

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is going to be up on the DMSGuild at some point, it might be print on demand as well. AL Admin staff have said they are still working out the details for POD.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There were certainly a lot of the CGB out there. Still are I think.

Lost Tales of Myth Drannor is going to be up on the DMSGuild at some point, it might be print on demand as well. AL Admin staff have said they are still working out the details for POD.

What details do they need? OBS has PoD. Just needs somebody as WotC to say yes.

darjr

I crit!
What details do they need? OBS has PoD. Just needs somebody as WotC to say yes.

Well yes, I don't know, but I assume that's one of them details. Might be THE detail. But could also be that they need to find someone to put into their POD format?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well yes, I don't know, but I assume that's one of them details. Might be THE detail. But could also be that they need to find someone to put into their POD format?

The latter is an astonishingly trivial and easy task. I’ve done it many, many times.

It’s just a permission issue. Not a technical one.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I wish I knew. But maybe they could use a bit of help. Wan't to ping em?

Whoever did their layout will know how to do it.

Does DMsG actually offer the PoD service, though? I thought I heard it doesn’t?

Last edited:

The latter is an astonishingly trivial and easy task. I’ve done it many, many times.

It’s just a permission issue. Not a technical one.

Actually it is more involved than that. There are four issues:

1) The DMsGuild does not normally offer POD for non-publishers. To get it, we had to get the approval of WOTC and OBS. On top of that, we didn't originally have approval for the art and IP we used for POD (just for the promo at Gen Con). All of those permissions have been completed.

2) OBS is going to do a test print for us so we can see how there system holds up to the print job we did and from there we can see if we want to make any changes to the layout/color/etc... to make sure its the best we can get for our customers. We need to get this done.

3) The original print had a small layout error and two typos. We are looking at paying our layout person again to fix them for the next version. That also needs to be completed.

4) This is not a real hurdle but our intent as a admins was to make this promo valuable and give people a little bit something for getting it. As such we never intended to release it on the DMsGuild until sometime around the start of the new year, similar to any other adventure (premier for a while, then released to all).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads