• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Concept: ToB-style Casters.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
most of the pseudo-magic maneuvers are 1 die higher than the base for a regular spell would be, last one round (if not, less), mostly single target, and never get any better.
Except the ones that add initiator level to damage, which are always swift action boosts that don't actually do anything if you don't hit with (an)other attack/attacks.

Just make ongoing spells unable to be recovered, and that solves the all day buff rotation.

I like the mechanics behind psionics, somewhat.
I'd play a wizard in a game where you had the mana pool like psionics, but still had to prep your spells ahead of time, and allocate spell points when you prepped. So you could prep a lvl 9 fireball, 2 lvl 5 fireballs, lvl 3 magic missile, etc..

Nadaka

First Post
I have a ToB:Bo9S inspired magic system I posted on the wizards boards a year or two ago. I will see if I can dismember the ridiculously ineffective search ability to dig it up.

Remove ads