• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Conflex: an alternative skill challenge system [v0.2]

Thaseus

First Post
I like it, but the example doesn't match the skill challenge mentioned

Hi: I like your system, and with some additional modifications and clarifications (many of those made by others) I think it will become the best of the best.

Including an example skill challenge in play is a great idea, and it goes a long way toward showing how the system works. I would include a couple more. That being said, I can't help but notice that the one game play example you give does not match up with the "Labyrinth" skill challenge it is supposed to be based on. For example, the labyrinth skill challenge lists Arcana as its primary skill for conflict #2. It also has no mention of traps as a complication for complication #3. But your game play example makes it appear endurance is the primary skill for conflict #2. Your game play example also appears to make traps a complication for conflict #3 instead of using perception to find something useful in the rubble. I find this confusing. I think it would be best to include examples of game play that match up with the actual challenges you have created.

Keep up the good work! I'm looking forward to you next version, and I hope it will make things smoother and clearer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads