• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E ConQuest Sac- 4e Demo!!!

the Jester

Legend
Hey guys, I was just lookin' at the website for the Sacramento ConQuest... and they're having a 4e demo!!

Anyone else going to be going? I'd love to hook up with some of y'all there... either do some gaming, do some drinking, do some eating, or do some, er, thing else.

takasi

First Post
I signed up last September. Our group (about 20) normally only goes to KublaCon, but last year's ConQuest Sac was so good I recommended we all try to attend this year.

takasi

First Post
Here is the email we received on the ConQuest Sac mailing list from 1/31:

"Hello all-

I wanted to let everyone know that there will be a D&D miniatures demo on the Friday at Conquest Sacramento using the new updated rules, if you are not interested in the skirmish game you still might be interested as the combat in the miniatures game is close to D&D 4e combat, There will also be give aways for everyone who tries out a demo (while supplies lasts).

Also on Sunday there will be a Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition Demo, this will most likely be the 1st 4e demo in the Sacramento area. I should also have giveaways for the 4e demo.

Hope to see lots of people there

Carl-
Sacramento Delegate for Wizards of the Coast"

Later he replied with the following info:

"The 4e Demo will be the same Demo from D&D XP I image that it will be a prefab adventure and rules (they wont be giving out free rule book that early). I Will only be able to run 1 demo at a time and i will only have the material for 1 person to run a demo. "

The_Baldman

Explorer
the Jester said:
Hey guys, I was just lookin' at the website for the Sacramento ConQuest... and they're having a 4e demo!!

Anyone else going to be going? I'd love to hook up with some of y'all there... either do some gaming, do some drinking, do some eating, or do some, er, thing else.

They are jumping the gun a bit. No convention or persons have been authorized to run any 4th edition demo's outside of what is going on at DDXP next week.

So somebody needs to poke ConQuest and have them remove that before they get a whole ton of pissed off people who are attending expecting something they probably won't have.

Dave C

fnwc

Explorer
wavester said:
So somebody needs to poke ConQuest and have them remove that before they get a whole ton of pissed off people who are attending expecting something they probably won't have.
Hmmmm, the only reason I'd attend is to see the 4th Edition stuff. However, I trust Dave C over Carl, as Dave has a shinier badge.

Venport

First Post
fnwc said:
Hmmmm, the only reason I'd attend is to see the 4th Edition stuff. However, I trust Dave C over Carl, as Dave has a shinier badge.

Hello-

I will be runnig the Demo at Conquest sacramento, however i just got a message (about 5 min ago) that we may not have the DDXP Demo at that event.

Things are still being worked out as to what the Demo will have. I will keep everyone uptodate as to what the demo will be.

Sorry about any mixup.

Carl-

helium3

First Post
the Jester said:

If I still lived in Davis I'd be there. Alas, I'm back up here in Murky Seattle.

Remove ads