Consent in Gaming is closed?

Nagol

Unimportant
G'day Folks,

I understand if it was intentional, but I just thought I'd ask. I was just about to post a reply in the Consent in Gaming thread and couldn't because it is closed. There isn't a closing message so I thought I'd ask if this is deliberate?

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
It's actually a little frustrating because by that point the thread had actually calmed down and was actually starting to make some progress.

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
It's actually a little frustrating because by that point the thread had actually calmed down and was actually starting to make some progress.

It had done that a few times though. Given time someone was bound to come in again and retread old grounds and start the whole cycle over again.

It was a fruitful discussion but I'm happy to let it lie.

Last edited:

Celebrim

Legend

I will say it was far more heated back on Monday than it was at this point. But, shrug. I said pretty much all I had wanted to say anyway.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
There isn't a closing message so I thought I'd ask if this is deliberate?

Yes, it was deliberate. While it may have calmed down for the moment, it hadn't actually gotten constructive. Its history did not suggest that it had any real chance of becoming so, leaving it a sort of attractive nuisance, so we closed it.

Celebrim

Legend
The good news is with that distraction out of the way, now people are free to keep arguing important subjects like "Should a low level character know to burn a troll?" and whatever they are still arguing about in the "Consequences of Failure" thread.

;)

(Clarification Added On Request)

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The good news is with that distraction out of the way, now people are free to keep arguing important subjects like "Should a low level character know to burn a troll?"
It’s a D&D site. If you want a site without threads about D&D monsters, you might want to look elsewhere.

Celebrim

Legend
It’s a D&D site. If you want a site without threads about D&D monsters, you might want to look elsewhere.

Perhaps I should have included a smiley somewhere. Humor always has been a hard concept for me. That said, are you joking and I'm the one not getting it?

Remove ads