• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

Leif

Adventurer
Alarion and Jonas

Between the Attacks of Opportunity of Alarion and Jonas that I inexcusably omitted, and Alarion's Bulwark of Defense ability, I have to rule that the lizard is dead. And SoulFetter's attack of opporunity slew the orc as well. Darius is up from the pit now, so all that remains is monster remains and everyone is up to "ground level" again.

I surrender my "DM Whistle" to Scotley until such time as I have seen, read, and familiarized myself with the various and sundry abilities and capabilities of the PCs.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
As the great lizard falls, Jonas gives a small sigh that this hazard is over and bends down to check Bruno. Seeing that the dog is hurt, Jonas pulls out a wand and touches it lightly to the wound, which closes instantly. Bruno gives Jonas a thankful lick and the pair head to the intersection to keep an eye out for anymore trouble while everyone gets organized.

[sblock=OOC]
Jonas CLW on Bruno (1d6+1=6)

Yeah, I had wondered where my arrows went, but figured you were waiting for other players, not problem[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

As the last of the group finishes climbing the rope and the lizard falls, Moru breathes a sigh of relief and starts coiling the rope.

"I don't suppose there's a nice, defensible campsite 'round here?" he says, looking to Wally. "Much more of this kind of fun, and I'm going to be all out of zaps without a rest to recharge."

Scotley

Hero
Wally considers a moment. "I never been just right here before. If you can get that fancy door open and this section comes out where I think it does, I do know a good bolt hole where we can rest and get a bit of grub." He glances at Thea still in her Orc disguise, "It will give us a chance to get friendly." Wally starts to go through the pockets of one of the fallen orcrats fried by Moru's spell. He casts aside some scorched food and a still smoking club before dropping a few coins into his own pocket.

Lou

Explorer
Raul

Scotley said:
Wally considers a moment. "I never been just right here before. If you can get that fancy door open and this section comes out where I think it does, I do know a good bolt hole where we can rest and get a bit of grub." He glances at Thea still in her Orc disguise, "It will give us a chance to get friendly." Wally starts to go through the pockets of one of the fallen orcrats fried by Moru's spell. He casts aside some scorched food and a still smoking club before dropping a few coins into his own pocket.

"Speaking of that fancy door, how do we get back across this gap to that door down there," says Raul, as he points across the large hole in the floor.

Looking back at the battle scene, he adds, "Should we search these vermin first?"

Leif

Adventurer
Wally Alphonsus

Lou said:
"Speaking of that fancy door, how do we get back across this gap to that door down there," says Raul, as he points across the large hole in the floor. Looking back at the battle scene, he adds, "Should we search these vermin first?"
Wally looks at Raul like he's crazy, "What??? Why do we need to get across there? We go back the way we came in!"

[sblock=why I'm here] because there's no combat required! :p [/sblock]

Lou

Explorer
Raul to Wally

Leif said:
Wally looks at Raul like he's crazy, "What??? Why do we need to get across there? We go back the way we came in!"

"We were trying to get to the locking mechanism in that room," says Raul as he points to the wall. "That door over there is our only way in, so far."

Leif

Adventurer
Wally

Lou said:
"We were trying to get to the locking mechanism in that room," says Raul as he points to the wall. "That door over there is our only way in, so far."
"Well..... How much rope did you guys bring? And we'll need some spikes and such, too, I guess. Sheesh, I didn't figure on this becoming a construction project, but my arms won't flap fast enough to carry me across there. You guys can shoot that creepy-crawly goomer from up here, can't you?" Wally isn't the sharpest tool in the shed by any means, but he's nothing if not determined.

Remove ads