• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Constables of the 14th Ward

jkason

First Post
OOC: I rolled for the centipede above, but hadn't given Moru anything to do. Since the round's not posted yet, then: is the dead ogre body tall enough to block line of effect on a spell (specifically, Lightning Bolt)? I'm under the impression that fallen adversaries no longer count for purposes of determining if a space is occupied, but I could be pulling that out of thin air for all I know.

If Ogre corpse wouldn't impede electrical mayhem, Moru moves to Y24 as his centipede makes that glorious miss I rolled above. If the body would block it, he'll move to Y32 instead. Since he's only moving this round, he should be able to get to either spot, though clearly he'd prefer the space furthest from the giant. ;)

Leif

Adventurer
jkason said:
OOC: I rolled for the centipede above, but hadn't given Moru anything to do. Since the round's not posted yet, then: is the dead ogre body tall enough to block line of effect on a spell (specifically, Lightning Bolt)? I'm under the impression that fallen adversaries no longer count for purposes of determining if a space is occupied, but I could be pulling that out of thin air for all I know.

If Ogre corpse wouldn't impede electrical mayhem, Moru moves to Y24 as his centipede makes that glorious miss I rolled above. If the body would block it, he'll move to Y32 instead. Since he's only moving this round, he should be able to get to either spot, though clearly he'd prefer the space furthest from the giant. ;)
It won't block the spell. At most, you might zap a dead ogre, too, but would you mind if you did? We'll list you as occupying Y24 unless/until you say otherwise. (Make a note of that, please, Scotley! :cool: )

Scotley

Hero
Round 7

Initiative Order:
Wally 17
Jonas and Bruno 14
Thea 11
Darius 11
Raul 8
Stone Giant 8
Moru 7
Centipede 7
Rahvin 5
Alarion 5
Ogres 5
Soulfetter 4

Wally continues his attacks (1d20+9=27, 1d20+8=26) and this time both blades mark the giant's hide. As the blood pours from the wounds, Wally cackles with delight and dances a sort of gig.

Alarmed at the blow Alarion received, Jonas takes careful aim with his wand and shoot a healing ray at Alarion. The knight feels a warm sense of relief start at his spine and radiate out through his body (+8 hp).

Thea gave a quick pout of dismay when her spell failed- at this rate this single foe might be more of a problem than everything else they had seen down here combined... Still, they were elite constables, and they were not easy prey- with a few sharp words and a forceful gesture, she tried another spell. As the cloud of golden particles bursts around and above the giants head he roars in frustration, "My Eyes! What have you done you evil witch!" The particles fall around the constibles engaged in close fighting with the giant and cause some of them to blink and their eyes to water, but they fight on without further impediment than frustration.

OOC: Note that at this point the giant's AC drops to 21. Enjoy!

Darius slips as he lunges, falling on his face. Luckily, the giant is distracted by his sudden blindness, so this misstep isn't fatal.

Raul shivers as he sees the damage the giant inflicts with his blows. Raul steels himself and releases his flurry of blows towards the giant's knee, but misses again and again, thinking, "perhaps I can take damage so the others can get an extra attack. I don't seem to be worth much else against this thing."

Despite his blindness the giant swings (1d20+17=18, 1d20+12=28) his great club at the centipede and Soulfetter. He misses the centipede very nearly smashing his own foot. The mighty blow launched at Soulfetter might well have knocked the Urgant's head clean off, but in his blindness the giant cannot find even the vast target. (miss chance (1d100=29) 50% due to blindness)

Still only barely standing, Moru despairs at the way the fights going. He moves to a better position, though no one sees. He readies one of his most powerful magics. His centipede seems to be doing little more than providing an extra target to the giant.

Rahvin support Soulfetter's attack and tries to give the Urgant an opening. (as noted above +2 for Soulfetter to hit thanks to aid another)

Alarion again attacks the giant, but his sword fails to score on its tough hide.

SoulFetter roars in anger and swings his huge axe around, scoring a significant flesh wound in the monster's thigh.

OOC: Okay gang actions for round 8 the last round?

OOC: url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1459153/]Will Saves (1d20+7=10, 1d20+7=25)[/url]

Attachments

• giant_cavern.xls
    19 KB · Views: 85

jkason

First Post
Moru Sen, human conjurer

Though the tide seems to be turning, Moru fears what the lengthy battle might be drawing the attention of. Those close enough might hear him muttering, but there's no mistaking where the wizard is when he finishes. Bruised and bloodied, the wizard appears in an electrical flash as a bolt of lightning streaks across the cavern and strikes the giant.

[sblock=OOC] Centipede misses again

Lighting bolt damage 14 Reflex save vs. DC 16 for half damage[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Thea smiled as her spell took effect- hopefully her fellow constables could use the opportunity to bring the giant down. She turned her attention to the cavern around them, trying to keep an eye out for any other threats- she didn't want to use any more of her spells this early in the day if she didn't have to.

OOC: Scan the area for further threats- she'll let the others hack on the giant for a bit.

Remove ads