• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Al-Qadim and Oriental Adventures creatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Ok, so then let's add (objects only) to polymorph any object if Shade agrees. Then I think that the matriarch only needs one more feat. Could go with Deceitful, but again that's probably suboptimal. Combat Casting, Power Attack, or Weapon Focus (bite)?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Oh! We should give the matriarch ranks in Concentration, as opposed to just increasing all skills by 3. Maybe slide 1 point out of all her previous class skills into Concentration?

As for feat, Power Attack seems reasonable, as does Skill Focus (Concentration).

freyar

That would definitely be a smart thing to do. I'm inclined to go with SF (Concentration) or else Combat Casting for the last feat. Either would boost concentration pretty well.

talinthalas

First Post
Why are we increasing the Matriarchs Concentration Skill? I am sure there is a really good reason, but it is too early for me to figure it out.

freyar

talinthalas said:
Why are we increasing the Matriarchs Concentration Skill? I am sure there is a really good reason, but it is too early for me to figure it out.
If it's injured (or fighting defensively, etc) while trying to use a spell-like ability, it needs to make a Concentration check or lose its use of that SLA. We might want to add Concentration to the adult as well, while we're at it.

Edit: In fact, let's change Knowledge (any two) to Knowledge (any one), Concentration in the adult and then just bump all ranks by 3 for the matriarch.

freyar

I think this one is enough of a melee threat that Power Attack makes sense. My second choice is Combat Casting 'cause she's big enough to grapple a lot.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
I agree with all that you've said. Did we want to restrict polymorph any object as demiurge mentioned?

I forgot to respond to this earlier, but yes, I agree.

Updated.

Challenge Rating: x

Advancement: x HD (Huge) or by character class

A silat matriarch stands x to x feet tall and weighs x pounds.

freyar

CR: 9 or 10?
Let's do 13-18HD (Huge) for advancement (or by class).
Uhh, 17-20 ft and 800 lb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads