• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Converting Creatures from Other Campaign Settings

Cleon

Legend
Spell Penetration is fine and is close enough to metamagic for me. ;)

Rather than stat up a whole leader (and get into the issue of whether to list the CR separately, etc), we could just give an underbar (or comment in flavor) about the likely level of a leader, feat selection, etc.

So something like "Tso leaders are typically sorcerers of at least 6th level with the Heighten Spell and Quicken Spell metamagic feats."?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
More like "Tso leaders are typically sorcerers of at least 6th level. They typically select metamagic feats as their level increases."

Cleon

Legend
More like "Tso leaders are typically sorcerers of at least 6th level. They typically select metamagic feats as their level increases."

I don't like the two typicallys.

How about "Tso leaders are typically sorcerers of at least 6th level. They usually select metamagic feats as their level increases."

Cleon

Legend
I'd better Update the Tso Working Draft with the most recent changes.

I'm not sure a Tso leader would tolerate rivals, although they might have lieutenants.

Hmm, perhaps a Brood should have a few more slaves than a trading party? Or possibly the same max or min and a wider range (e.g. 20-100 vs 40-100, or 20-80 vs 20-120)?

So, I was thinking we could give them something like the following:

Organization: Gang (3–8 plus 8–40 slaves), trading party (8–18 and 20–80 slaves) or brood (10–20 plus 3–5 young and 20–120 slaves)​

None of the official versions of the neogi list leaders/subchiefs/bosses in the Organization, so I think the above should be fine. If you want to break with that tradition, I guess we could have something like:

Organization: Gang (3–8 plus 8–40 slaves), trading party (8–18 plus 1 boss of 2nd to 7th level and 20–80 slaves) or brood (10–20 plus 3–5 young, 1–2 lieutenants of 2nd to 5th level, 1 leader of 6th to 8th level, and 20–120 slaves)​

Although, upon reflection, I think I prefer the first Organization in this case.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Oh, I'm fine with your first proposed org line there.

Did we discuss CR for these? I'm not sure I'd go for CR 5. I guess your thought is that the Enslave DC is pretty high for a lower CR?

Cleon

Legend
Oh, I'm fine with your first proposed org line there.

Wait, we're agreeing on something? Who are you and what have you done with the real Freyar! :p

Updating Tso Working Draft.

Did we discuss CR for these? I'm not sure I'd go for CR 5. I guess your thought is that the Enslave DC is pretty high for a lower CR?

My thinking was they're 4th level sorcerers with some nifty abilities on top (poison, enslaving, cooperative spells, Multiattack claw/claw/bite).

That seems to merit them being at least a CR higher than the equivalent-level sorcerer.

The SRD Aranea is a 3rd level sorcerer and CR4, and Tso seem nastier than those!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads