Converting "generic setting" second edition monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
That stunning strike is, I think, too powerful to be every time it hits. I could see the 1d6 duration (or the 1d4 duration) as a 3/day thing.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Heh, I was thinking stun lock too. :heh:

Sounds good. Updated.

Suggested weaponry? Something beneficial in areas of cliffs and in water. Maybe spears?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I'm getting a clubbing image from these guys, but that might just be from the stunning. A spear applied to specific pressure points would probably also do the trick.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Intimidate, on the other hand, is perfectly fine.

Full ranks in Listen, Move Silently, Spot, Intimidate, Know (nature)?

Feats... Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack? Spring Attack in conjunction with earth glide is deliciously nasty, and it gives these guys some much needed punch.

Speaking of, they don't have earth glide in their Combat write-up.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Updated.

The gahonga are a race of short, tangible spirits that inhabit bodies of water and rocks
Environment: Any hills or mountains (near water)?

Organization: Solitary, pair, or x (3-10)

Challenge Rating: x

They seldom have any treasure.

Treasure: None? (Or maybe "no coins; half goods; no items" to account for spear-making tools and fishing gear?)

Alignment: Always chaotic neutral?

Advancement: x

Their beautiful daughters, however, take great pleasure in tempting men to commit acts of folly -- such as trying to follow them as they scale a rocky cliff or dive into the depths of a lake.

Sidebar with just different skill and feat selection?

Shade

Monster Junkie
I just found something that might help flesh them out.

Mannegishi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia redirects here...

Wikipedia said:
The Mannegishi (singular the same) are a race of trickster people in Cree folklore, similar in nature to the Memegwesi of the Ojibwa. They are described as semi-humanoid, being sexdactylous humans with very thin and lanky arms and legs and big heads minus a nose. According to one Cree schema of the mythology, there are two humanoid races, one being the familiar human species and the other being the "little people", i.e. Mannegishi. These people are said to live between rocks in the rapids. One of their biggest delights -- a completely non-heroic form of trickster behavior -- is to crawl out of the rocks and capsize the canoes of people canoeing through the rapids, spinning them to their death.

The Mannegishi has attracted interest in recent years due to its possible cryptozoological connections. It is believed by some that the Dover Demon represents a modern sighting of the Mannegishi.

Note that the ga-hon-ga, up next, are chaotic good, so the relatively cruel trickster behavior doesn't really fit. We might work that in here to help expand the sparse flavor text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads