• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Nookie

Explorer
well we need to decide if its more a poison (In which case i say we have cumulitive sleep time between primary and secondary damage) Or if its more some kind of magical consequence of its bite in which case i say we have a fixed ammount.

Cleon

Legend
well we need to decide if its more a poison (In which case i say we have cumulitive sleep time between primary and secondary damage) Or if its more some kind of magical consequence of its bite in which case i say we have a fixed ammount.

Well I still favour "option C" of it being an hour plus a small random quantity.

Since we don't seem to be agreeing on this, shall we see which option Freyar favours?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well, I'd like some random element. And I think it is poison-like but not a poison, so I'd rather not do primary plus secondary damage. Let's just go with 1 hour plus 1d20 minutes if that's the random choice.

Cleon

Legend
Okedokey than sir tie breaker.

Thank Lolth that quandary was resolved!

Updating Working Draft.

So, shall we move on to Feats and Skills? I think we're finished with the special abilities.

What about my suggestion to add a racial bonus to Move Silently? We could limit it to when it's using its webs, like a Web-Spinning Monstrous Spider's "Web-spinning spiders have a +8 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks when using their webs."

We could copy the Web-Spinning version with "Dream monsters have a +8 racial bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks when using their web strands." or give it "Dream monsters have a [+4 or +8?] racial bonus on Move Silently checks when using their web strands".

If we don't give it the above bonus to Move Silently, we should cut the "silently" from the Web Strand description's "lower themselves silently on silk strands".

freyar

A +4 Move Silently bonus in their web works for me. As for the ranks, 6 each in Hide, Move Silently, and perhaps Spot?

Cleon

Legend
A +4 Move Silently bonus in their web works for me. As for the ranks, 6 each in Hide, Move Silently, and perhaps Spot?

I'll stick that in and see what it looks like...

Updating Working Draft.

Doesn't look too bad. The Spot seems a little high, I suppose we could remove a few points from it and invest them into Listen - e.g. Listen +4, Spot +8; or Listen +6, Spot +8.

Any preferences for the feats?

freyar

Yeah, you could move 4 of the Spot ranks into Listen.

Imp Init and maybe Weapon Focus (bite). I suggest WF because a failed attack might count as "interacting with the illusion" and grant PCs a new save vs the Veil.

Cleon

Legend
I'll stick that in and see what it looks like...

Updating Working Draft.

Doesn't look too bad. The Spot seems a little high, I suppose we could remove a few points from it and invest them into Listen - e.g. Listen +4, Spot +8; or Listen +6, Spot +8.

Any preferences for the feats?

Dang it, that should have been "Listen +4, Spot +8; or Listen +6, Spot +6."

Which do you prefer, +6/+6 or the current +4/+8?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads