Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Monster Junkie
Added to Homebrews.

Here's a revision to the Feed ability...

Feed (Ex): Wilbur can consume a limitless amount of material, but he only does so if it is considered trash by his owner. He enjoys this part of his job very much. Matter consumed by Wilbur resideds in an extradimensional space, similar to a portable hole, which can only be accessed via Wilbur's mouth.

Should we specify what happens if Wilbur consumes a bag of holding or portable hole? (KABOOM?) Also, should we note how to access the extradimensional space should Wilbur be destroyed?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I guess KABOOM! ;) Poor Wilbur. :(

I'd say that the extradimensional space destroys any matter placed into it after a short time (1d10 rounds or something), so there's nothing to get out of it after Wilbur is destroyed. Or maybe this "pocket dimension" is destroyed if Wilbur is. I guess that would make the most sense.

Mortis

First Post
freyar said:
Or maybe this "pocket dimension" is destroyed if Wilbur is. I guess that would make the most sense.
Or the portal closes on Wilbur's destruction (which amounts to the same thing)

I was thinking of an ability that allows Wilbus to overcome any Damage Reduction other than DR X/-, good idea?

Regards
Mortis

freyar

Mortis said:
Or the portal closes on Wilbur's destruction (which amounts to the same thing)
Well, maybe you could still plane shift in to get your stuff back. ;)

I was thinking of an ability that allows Wilbus to overcome any Damage Reduction other than DR X/-, good idea?

There are a couple of weapon properties in the MIC that let you bypass DR. I don't have it at work, though, so we may need to wait until tonight for inspiration.

Shade

Monster Junkie
How's this?

Sundering Bite (Ex): Wilbur's bite attack overcomes any type of damage reduction that can be overcome (in other words, anything but "-"), and it ignores hardness as if it were an adamantine weapon.

freyar

Simple enough. :D

Edit:
Feats: Weapon focus (bite) and ?

Also, just noticed we have his Cha at 1. Maybe we should up that a bit, to say 8-9 or even 10-11?

Last edited:

dhaga

First Post
Rewrite of Sundering Bite looks good.

Cha 8 should be sufficient.

Feats: Weapon Focus (bite) and Power Lunch. Or maybe Power Attack, instead, though with him, it amounts to the same thing :)

Mortis

First Post
dhaga said:
Feats: Weapon Focus (bite) and Power Lunch. Or maybe Power Attack, instead, though with him, it amounts to the same thing :)
I would have prefered Power Attack and Improved Sunder (to make the bite truly nasty)

Regards
Mortis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads