Converting Monsters from Polyhedron Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
LN, not all undead have to be evil and these don't seem to fit the wicked type unless you want to reach back to egyptian lore and play this guy off the god Anubus.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think that, after some discussion, we finally decided upthread to go with both LN and LE options. The remaining question is whether just to day Lawful (Neutral or Evil) or actually have two different critters.

Cleon

Legend
I think the same stat block can fit the two alignments.

Well I think we should have two variants, a LN Jackal-headed and a LE one with the head of a Typhonic Beast, but use the same stats with a couple of SA/SQ alterations to align them with positive/negative energy or evil/law.

I.e. the Typhonic version has rebuke undead, the Jackal version has turn undead, and some of its SLA abilities are different. (e.g. protection from good for the Set-Mummy, protection from chaos for the Anubis-Mummy, dictum or order's wrath for the Anubis-Mummy, unholy blight or blasphemy for the Set-Mummy).

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Well I think we should have two variants, a LN Jackal-headed and a LE one with the head of a Typhonic Beast, but use the same stats with a couple of SA/SQ alterations to align them with positive/negative energy or evil/law.

I.e. the Typhonic version has rebuke undead, the Jackal version has turn undead, and some of its SLA abilities are different. (e.g. protection from good for the Set-Mummy, protection from chaos for the Anubis-Mummy, dictum or order's wrath for the Anubis-Mummy, unholy blight or blasphemy for the Set-Mummy).
I don't think the LN one needs to turn undead, since neutral gets to choose (think Wee Jas). Maybe we could do the substitute SLAs as an underbar?

Shade

Monster Junkie
Neat idea for the typhonic beast-head. :)

In that case, shall we simply refer to them as the jackal composite mummy (LN) and typhonic beast composite mummy (LE)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads