Converting True Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

NemesisDragon

Explorer
Just wanted to say the Electrum looks great, I'm glad you guys got around to stating them up. Between them and the Faerunian Yellow, you have made me very happy. Thanks guys awsome job! Are you all planning on updating the yellow to 3.5 at all? Great job again! :D

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I think you meant to say that a victim who fails the save (not succeeds) is confused. Or did you mean that everyone is confused? Also, I thought the save would half the Str damage, not negate it completely.

Do we need a subtype? Something between fire and cold for gold and silver?

Shade

Monster Junkie
NemesisDragon said:
Just wanted to say the Electrum looks great, I'm glad you guys got around to stating them up. Between them and the Faerunian Yellow, you have made me very happy. Thanks guys awsome job! Are you all planning on updating the yellow to 3.5 at all? Great job again! :D

Thanks! I hadn't planned on updating the yellow, but if you need it, I'll put it on the requests pile.

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
I think you meant to say that a victim who fails the save (not succeeds) is confused. Or did you mean that everyone is confused? Also, I thought the save would half the Str damage, not negate it completely.

Good points. I'll fix it.

As for the subtype, maybe Earth, since it "dwells far from civilization, usually in mountainous areas, and always lairs in a cavern or stone building"?

freyar

Earth is a good choice, I think. Air would be my other choice, I guess.

Did we set the caster level progression, or is what you have a copy & paste job?

The MC entry is a little more specific on SLAs:

An electrum dragon casts spells and uses magical abilities at a level equal to 10 plus its age category value. At birth they can detect magic and read magic. They also save vs. all spells cast specifically at them with a +1 bonus to the roll. As they age, they gain the following additional powers: young - identify by touch (no debilitating effects) at will; juvenile--locate object once per day; adult--dispel magic three times per day; old--telekinesis twice per day; wyrm--protect image once per day; and great wyrm--heal (self or another, by touch) once per day.

At will: detect magic, read magic (Wyrmling & older), identify (Young & older)
3/day: dispel magic (Adult & older)
2/day: telekinesis (Old & older)
1/day: locate object (Juvenile & older), project image (Wyrm & older), heal (Great Wyrm)

Questions: do we promote dispel to greater dispel and do we bump telekinesis to 3/day?

Shade

Monster Junkie
freyar said:
Did we set the caster level progression, or is what you have a copy & paste job?

Yes and yes. ;) (We decided to mimic silver, from which I cut n' pasted).

freyar said:
At will: detect magic, read magic (Wyrmling & older), identify (Young & older)
3/day: dispel magic (Adult & older)
2/day: telekinesis (Old & older)
1/day: locate object (Juvenile & older), project image (Wyrm & older), heal (Great Wyrm)

Questions: do we promote dispel to greater dispel and do we bump telekinesis to 3/day?

Other dragons have 2/day SLAs, so I'd say stick with that for telekinesis.

I'd stick with standard dispel, since it gets it at a relatively young age.

freyar

Sounds good. Do we want to add alternate form, since this is like gold & silver?

We need 2 more class skills. I'd suggest Disguise, at least if we go with alternate form. Also, Heal seems like a good choice, since that's a Gold Dragon skill.

What else is left for this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads