convincing an npc to kill themselves.

Greenfield

Adventurer
By the rules, you need an Intimidate or Diplomacy check of 50 or 60+, depending on the target's attitude towards the character.

You're looking for "fanatical Supporter" level of success.

How you do that is up to you and the DM. A well prepared pitch can give a circumstance modifier. A Bard's song can give bonuses on skill checks. Items like Circlet of Persuasion (DMG) can help.

In the end though, because the Intimidate and Diplomacy checks are not designed as opposed rolls, it all comes down to the character's skill, modifiers, and of course, a good dice roll.

Alternately, you could trick him. Reincarnation is actually a marvelous spell. New body, new face, new lease on life. Literally, new lease on life. The dead character comes back as a young adult. It's the one non-epic way to avoid the "Death from old age" rules. Full rejuvenation. You lose a level, but if you need a new face that can't be detected via magic (not even True Seeing can detect it), or if you're facing death from age...

So combine with something like a Limited Wish to ensure you come back as the appropriate race and you're golden.

So just lay down on the table over here and we'll get started. You do have the 1,000 gold for materials and the 1,500 gold to pay for the "race insurance", don't you? :)

Drake M

First Post
Diplomacy, 15 ranks.

+2 from synergy with bluff
+2 from synergy with sense motive
+6 from cha bonus
+2 from nymph's kiss
+2 from eagle's splendor

Total of +29 to roll.

Intimidate, 15 ranks

+2 from master of terror (dread witch ability)
+6 from Cha bonus
+2 from nymph's kiss
+2 from eagle's splendor

Total +29 to roll.

With either one i would need to roll an 11 to get a 50.
With intimidate against a gnome or halfling (small size), i could take 10.

Greenfield

Adventurer
Diplomacy, 15 ranks.

+2 from synergy with sense motive
+6 from cha bonus
+2 from nymph's kiss
+2 from eagle's splendor

Total of +29 to roll.

Intimidate, 15 ranks

+2 from master of terror (dread witch ability)
+6 from Cha bonus
+2 from nymph's kiss
+2 from eagle's splendor

Total +29 to roll.

With either one i would need to roll an 11 to get a 50.
With intimidate against a gnome or halfling (small size), i could take 10.

Good use of synergy, as someone else noted a questionable use of Nymph's Kiss. Circlet of Persuasion (straight from the DMG) would be an acceptable substitute.

Questionable math, however. 29 + 11 = 40, not 50. With your design you need to roll a natural 21 on the D20 to get that 50.

Whisper72

Explorer
Well, we can look at it from a pure rules-based perspective (and that is fine in and of itself), but as a DM I would also look at this from a story / fun based perspective.
If the DM agrees that this evil PC should be expelled from the party, by the party, and likes the way you as the player of this PC wants to do this, then it could simply 'happen' / be fudged...

Never let the rules get in the way of a good game experience...

Drake M

First Post
Good use of synergy, as someone else noted a questionable use of Nymph's Kiss. Circlet of Persuasion (straight from the DMG) would be an acceptable substitute.

Questionable math, however. 29 + 11 = 40, not 50. With your design you need to roll a natural 21 on the D20 to get that 50.

true, skipped a beat on that one.

Remove ads