• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Copper [tv series]

Remus Lupin

Adventurer
I think it's time to start a movement for butt gender equity on broadcast TV. Why should cable subscribers get all the fun. We can't all watch Game of Thrones after all.

Fast Learner

First Post
Still great, 6 episodes in. I find all of the characters to be interesting, something quite unusual for me.

Despite having seen it depicted before and knowing it intellectually, this is the first time it's really sunk in that what I think of as "Americans" was, at the time, mostly people pretty newly immigrated from Europe. Which is to say, the mean streets of New York were full of Europeans.

Great stuff.

Despite having seen it depicted before and knowing it intellectually, this is the first time it's really sunk in that what I think of as "Americans" was, at the time, mostly people pretty newly immigrated from Europe. Which is to say, the mean streets of New York were full of Europeans.

America is not New York.

While your point is well taken about the makeup of large inner-city areas, it is not universally true. Even in the 1860s, a lot of people* had been in the USA for generations. Of course, during the time of the show, a lot of those people are busy killing each other south of the Mason-Dixon line, or otherwise living in places that aren't the east coast.

On the topic of the show, I watched the first two episodes. It was interesting, but I didn't get hooked enough to watch any further. Are there any significant changes/improvements in later episodes that make it worth a second look?

*Edit: People both inclusive and exclusive of Native Americans, which is another subject entirely.

Last edited:

Remove ads