• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

"Core" and Business Models

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Hobo said:
What exactly is the capitalist craze? Are you saying capitalism is some fad that's been going on for the last few months and will fade away again as quickly?

Companies finding new business models to make money is hardly a 'capitalist craze."

I'd call you a communist and give you a :p now, but I'm not sure that I can. ;)

capitalist craze is paying off credit cards with a credit card. Its confusing what is a want, and what is a need.

In terms of wizards, its making the rpg game like the miniatures game. Its dividing whats good so in order to get a fully functional game (as I see it) I must buy alot of options i don't want for the few options i do. Give me 3.5 core as 4e. thats all i want. Then I can logically make choices about what i want next.

Like I said, it might not be as bad as I am portraying it. The Frost giant may just be fringe case. I just don't want to have to deal with any sneaky capitalistic tricks like wizards card games and miniatures.

How far is too far in terms of capitalism? Is it the day you buy packs of randomized spells or rolled stats?

speaking of star trek: "The line must be drawn here, and no further!" :p

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads