D&D General Correspondence with David Trampier and A History of His 1985 Attempt to Crowdfund a Wormy Anthology

Mirtek

Hero
And, good heavens, these days he'd get that anthology funded in a snap.
IIRC in the last printed Dragon Mag they did some articles looking back at the history of D&D and Dragon Mag and Trampier just one day decided to cut all ties to the industry and "vanish". A fan must have tracked him down some years later but he was told that he had closed with this chapter of his life, no interest to return to the industry and politely asked the fan to "lose his number"

Edit: Mezuka found the story and now I am sad that I had to learn about the finale of it. RIP in David :cry:

grodog

Hero
Here's a picture of the original artwork, for reference:

DMcover.jpg

Allan.

Mezuka

Hero
Thanks to a link from Facebook, this appears to be the most complete of the statements from Scott Thorne of Castle Perilous regarding his experience with Dave. Rolling for Initiative--What Ever Happened to Dave Trampier?
I wonder why he was upset at WoTC. They weren't even in the picture. Unless he wanted nothing to do with anyone owning D&D.

We will never know but maybe WoTC would have been receptive and he would have made some good money from reprints.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases