• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[CotSQ] Sneaky way to beat the module!

Iron_Chef said:
First, he said she scried us, then I complained, "you didn't give us a Scry check!" so he changed his story to "she hasn't scried you yet because she thought her underlings could handle you, when they fail to report in, she'll get around to scrying you." He also handed me the module so I could write down all their treasure while he played Gameboy.

Oh ho ho ho, I gotta get in on your game, Iron_Chef. I love taking advantage of goober DMs. I'm surprised you need a "tactic".

Numion

First Post
Iron_Chef said:
First, he said she scried us, then I complained, "you didn't give us a Scry check!"

Wouldn't it be kinda stupid to let players roll the scry check to notice scrying? "Nuthin' special going on, just make a scry check or int roll if your INT is 13 higher" Not suspicious at all ;)

green slime

First Post
Well apart from having a lazy DM, this plans calls for

3,000 XP for 3 simulacrums.
A large pile of snow and/or ice.
3*12 hours of uninterrupted spellcasting.
You must make a Disguise check to see how good the ruse is.
The Disguise check must be good enough to beat the Spot check of the Drow.
They still only have 50+1d10 % of the knowledge of the originals.

Speak with Dead gains you the info you want faster. And 3000 XP seems like a big hit, at least to me.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads