Critical Role Could Critical Role launch their own RPG?

overgeeked

B/X Known World
People they chose to hire. They chose to expand and become this growing lifestyle brand.

But, look, it's somewhat hypocritical to defend CR for doing business things for business reasons and then come down hard on WotC for doing the same thing. As it's a much bigger company with even more people to pay and families to provide for. Just because we all (probably) love Matt Mercer and the cast doesn't make it less of a multimillion dollar corporate business venture.
Not really, no. For CR their “normal business” in this case is not breaking the trust of their employees by not sacrificing their collective livelihoods by not breaking their contract with WotC. For WotC, however, their “normal business” in this case is literally the opposite, breaking the trust of the entire OGL-based RPG community and sacrificing their collectively livelihoods so WotC can make more money. If you can’t see that difference I don’t know what to tell you.

bostonmyk

Explorer
People they chose to hire. They chose to expand and become this growing lifestyle brand.

But, look, it's somewhat hypocritical to defend CR for doing business things for business reasons and then come down hard on WotC for doing the same thing. As it's a much bigger company with even more people to pay and families to provide for. Just because we all (probably) love Matt Mercer and the cast doesn't make it less of a multimillion dollar corporate business venture.

Yeah does look like I wasn't all that clear. Just saying that I expected this response and rationalizing why.

Mike

Greggy C

Hero
The critical role show is already falling off in viewership with Campaign 3.
I honestly would have thought they would create a new TTRPG even before this debacle, because everyone would tune it to see it.
It would be massive and completely freshen their show.
There is only so much they can get out of 5e.

Remove ads