Council Member thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xen155

First Post
Nightcloak said:
Ah... Yes I would. Not much directly, but I have some experience...

Normally, you would create a mission statement first. Most organizations or companies create a mission statement, then a vision statement to measure how well they are doing the intentions of the stated mission.

The proper business definition of a mission statement is: A written explanation of an organization's intentions and aims.

It is in effect, an enduring statement of what our purpose is, the scope of our "operations", who we seek serve, and why we are different from other like minded organizations.

Some organizations have a long mission statement, while others have a short and simple one. I've seen some that were a page long, and one that was one sentence (It was an investment firm: "To build wealth for our clients"). Walgreens is a good sized paragraph in length.[/factoid over]

Hmmmm, perhaps NightCloak you should head up the Mission and Vision project, just a suggestion though.
Anybody with ideas as to what should go into the mission statement should post it here (or later, a designated thread.).

Y.O.Morales

First Post
Regarding the rule on novel discussion...

Nay

Frankly, I don't have anything negative toward novels. It's just that I use gaming forums for gaming advice, and when I want to know about novels, I go somewhere else. Besides, I'm playing the devil's advocate on this one.

Y.O.Morales

First Post
One thing that I envision for the GMF if the production of community books from the advice and ideas discussed here in the GMF. Just as with the Cooperative Dungeons lead by ENWorld user Trainz, we could do the same and make the PDFs available in RPGNow or here at ENWorld. That, however, is a long-term plan.

Y.O.Morales said:
Regarding the rule on novel discussion...

Nay

Frankly, I don't have anything negative toward novels. It's just that I use gaming forums for gaming advice, and when I want to know about novels, I go somewhere else. Besides, I'm playing the devil's advocate on this one.
I agree. One vote of Nay
for me.

Nightcloak

First Post
Xen155 said:
Hmmmm, perhaps NightCloak you should head up the Mission and Vision project, just a suggestion though.
Anybody with ideas as to what should go into the mission statement should post it here (or later, a designated thread.).

I'd be happy to put something together, assuming no one else minds me handling the project (I could use a few days off from the work I've been doing for the notebook thread, so I don't mind).

A few questions first:

1. Should I just post a number of working ideas that can be discussed and debated? Or should I work up a draft and let the draft itself be debated?

Option one allows for more community involvement but suffers from the time to debate and organize the collected thoughts into a whole. Option two would be quicker (assuming you don't completely toss out what I write up :p ) but suffers from a little less community debate and input due to whatever I write up being the starting point.

Both are valid options, It just depends on what everyone else wants. Don't want to be steppin' on anyones toes :)

2. Should I start a new thread for this? And if I do, should we get the input of all current members who wish to participate?

Nightcloak

ChaosEvoker

First Post
Mission Statement

Nightcloak, I believe we can trust you to write it. Then post it here, it may or may not be revised as nessecary. Once it is done I suggest we submit it to the people and let them offer suggestions. That's my suggestion on how to handle the mission statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases