Counter Collection II: "Revised" and "Revisited"

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
I just picked this up today, foolishly thinking that the counters had been revised and/or revisted. You can understand how I would think that, I hope, since the words revised and revisted were in bold red type on the front, and the back said "New counters for revised edition!"

Well, they lied. The horses are rectangular, the dragons are rectangular. I'm pretty peeved.

jester47

First Post
I almost fell for that too, but careful reading on the back saved my butt. They stated that the revision was that they added a few more character counters and such. But the mistake is very easy to make.

Aaron.

haiiro

First Post
jester47 said:
They stated that the revision was that they added a few more character counters and such.

Yep. It was revised long before 3.5e came out.

I don't think having some rectangular counters is a big deal, though. It hasn't come up yet, but my plan is just to glue the long ones that I wind up using on appropriately-size squares of index card (lined side down) -- presto, instant 3.5 counter. ;)

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
haiiro said:

Yep. It was revised long before 3.5e came out.

I don't think having some rectangular counters is a big deal, though. It hasn't come up yet, but my plan is just to glue the long ones that I wind up using on appropriately-size squares of index card (lined side down) -- presto, instant 3.5 counter. ;)

Yeah it's not a terribly big deal, I'll probably end up doing the same thing. I'm just bummed that "revised" didn't mean "revised."

Fiery Todd

Explorer
First, I would like to apologize to Meepo and anyone else that purchased the "revised" edition of the counter collection based on the assumption that "revised" meant 3.5 compatible. It's a mistake that I'm sure could easily be made...

However, this particular edition of the Counter Collection came out long before we even knew about 3.5, so the phrase "revised and revisited" pertained strictly to the previous edition. Y'see, the demand for it exceeded its original print run, so when we re-released it, we did so with the extra counters in order to add yet another selling point to the product (either to entice those that had yet to acquire it or give it a new spin for those who already had the "older" edition and were on the fence about getting another). Its the kind of marketing that George Lucas or Peter Jackson would be proud of ;).

The mistake is quite understandable, because at GenCon Indy the two questions we were asked the most were, "Are you guys re-releasing the counters to be 3.5 compatible?", and the second question was, "Why is Fiery James not wearing pants?". The answer to the first question was, "If we do, it will likely be a collection that revises all the counters that need to be revised", and the answer to the second question was, "Sssssh, I don't think he's noticed yet..." Although the Arcana Unearthed Collection is NOT 3.5 compatible (because Monte is sticking with the original sizing for AU), I do believe that future FDP collections and packs WILL be 3.5 compatible. It should be noted that Counter Collection III: Modern IS "3.5 compatible" seeing as D20 Modern contains the new sizing rules.

So, again, we are sorry, and hope that for the most part you are satisfied with the product and in the end can get the most out of it. We are very proud of the quality and design of our counter line thus far and are overwhelmed by the positive response to them. Thanks to all. :)

Cheers!:)

Last edited:

MeepoTheMighty

First Post
Thanks for the apology, Todd, and I'm sorry if I seemed too upset. I do really enjoy the counters...just wish they came with a small third-world child who would cut them apart for seventeen cents an hour. :D

Remove ads