Cover Preview of Issue 7 Poor Gamer's Almanac

Jraynack

Explorer
PGA7Th.jpg

Greetings all. This is the next cover for Poor Gamer's Almanac. As you can see, it has few tasty tidbits including several previews from two solid publishers.

It will be available by December 1st - so keep a look out. It will be FREE and I am also happy to announce that this issue will remain FREE thanks to the following publishers:

Talisman Studios, HinterWelt Enterprises, and Steampower Publishing.

Jankenstein

First Post
I'm liking the use of the Waterhouse and (especially) N.C. Wyeth art for your products. A very welcome change from the "dungeonpunk" style that permeates the market.

Jraynack

Explorer
Jankenstein said:
I'm liking the use of the Waterhouse and (especially) N.C. Wyeth art for your products. A very welcome change from the "dungeonpunk" style that permeates the market.

Thanks - he is one of my favorite early fantasy artist - the romantic period, I believe. I personally don't care for a lot of the recent choices of artwork for role-playing games - the comic book style (which I enjoy, but not for fantasy games) - the early illustraters had a more realistic approach that attracts me to them.

If anyone else has a early favorite artist (around 1920 or earlier) that you would like to see on future covers, just post them here - or even if you ahve a particularly favorite early piece. We are always looking for public domain art (save me a lot of time doing artwork myself).

Jraynack

Explorer
Thanks Alzrius. That would be helpful, wouldn't it. :D

Oh, by the way, Jankenstein - that site is a great reference spot for solid old-world fantasy artists.

Remove ads